View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #13
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

However there's nothing in Batman Forever or Batman and Robin that disapproves or "cancels out" any of the material that was laid down by Batman and Batman Returns. So it could easily correlate. Gotham City's "look" is more of a "whoop dee do" factor for me. Like I said, it's when they go totally species change that upsets me.

Dr. Doom is at least closer to Doom in the comics then Legder is as the new Joker since we know he's no different then any other yahoo who puts on a purple suit and clown make up. Yes, I imagine Ledger will do a great job playing a psychotic villain, but his new design makes it easy for anyone to duplicate his appearance.

Which is why I loved Joker's permanent bleached skin. One of the things I loved so much about Burton's Joker was the fact he put human make up on himself and when he washed it off, you saw his real skin, the bleach white skin. I just loved seeing that effect done that this change with Ledger is really insulting.

Not to mention I want to go on record that I said it was STUPID from the beginning to redo the Joker in the first place, he's one of the LEAST realistic Batman characters ever, he falls into a vat of acid and turns ghost white and goes nuts! That's hardly what I call a plausible situation to see in a realistic world.

Since Batman begins is already getting a 3rd, I pray to god they STAY AWAY from "mutant" villains of Batman so they don't butcher apart their genetics like they are doing with Joker. So Clayface, Bane, Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat, and Poison Ivy are out. Unless of course they drown them in a vat of realism like they did Ras' Al Gul.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote