View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #24
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Best Title: As much as this will hurt me, "Imposter's Home For, Um... Make 'Em Up Pals" is one of the most original and witty episode titles that I've seen used for any television show.
I totally agree with you. Although the episode itself was not the greatest the title is very creative and the way they twisted the title of their own show around was very witty.

Quote:
Worst Title: "Hiccy Burp" for sounding very dirty and low-brow.
I agree, but I also think the title "Bye Bye Nerdy" wasn't a great one, either because it lacked wit and charm, in my opinion. But "Hicky Burp" does sound very dirty and just kind of bad as well.

Quote:
Best Use of a Thin Premise: "Mac Daddy", for taking a glorified one-gag character like Cheese and making him the absolute most entertaining they could.
I agree and feel the same way that you do about that episode.

Quote:
Worst Waste of a Good Premise: "Imposter's Home For, Um... Make 'Em Up Pals", BY FAR. A potentially golden premise is wasted on what is basically The Passion of Frances Foster.
Yet again, I agree for the same reasons as you mentioned before.

Quote:
Most Adorable Moment: The intercom gag in "Everybody Knows It's Bendy" is priceless. It revolves around punk rock, a very tough and gritty form of music--and yet Frankie acts as if Bendy had bashed The Little Mermaid! Because of that sissy response, some people might think that she is a 'poser'. Personally, however, I absolutely loved her for it. It shows that, no matter how much she tries to disguise it with her temper and fiery snark, she's still very vulnerable and human inside.
I actually think that the most adorable moment is when Frankie showed so much concern toward a "sick" Coco in "Bus the Two of Us". It was just so sweet how she was so worried about her and you could tell that she was being very genuine in her behavior.

Quote:
Least Adorable Moment: Anytime Duchess appears. Not exactly Picasso's best work...
True, but the least adorable moment for me is when Bloo was screaming for so long in "Cuckoo for Coco Cards". That just got so nerve-wracking after awhile.

Quote:
Favorite Overlooked Moment: Frankie comforting the poor little friend in "Hiccy Burp". To this day, that very moment remains deeply ingrained in my memory, and it still makes me smile. It may not mean much to you, but to me, it's a simple yet very heartwarming display of Frankie's kindness.
I agree and you pretty much said how I feel about that.

Quote:
[Best Writer: Lauren Faust is way ahead of all the other writers. All of the trademark episodes have been written by her. (And if you're reading this, Ms. Faust, please don't take my admittedly harsh comments on "Imposter's" personally. You're still a very talented and cool person.)
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Episodes like "A Lost Claus" and "Frankie My Dear" are among some of the best and most memorable episodes in the series, in my opinion. However, I also think that Tim McKeon, who is responsible for the writing in "Infernal Slumber" and Squeeze the Day" is a good writer as well because the humor in those episodes had me rolling on the floor with laughter at times.

Quote:
[Worst Writer: Craig Lewis. He's done some good episodes, but I doubt I'll ever forgive him for "WTAWTAW" and "Imposter's".
I have to agree with you. "Imposter's" was just such a let-down in so many different ways. Although I don't think it's terrible (I've yet to see a Foster's episode that I can truly call horrible) it's not really the best episode of the series, either.

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 09-09-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote