Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 07:15 AM   #6
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

I was part of the DW community in the 80s, and a bunch of friends of mine locally are still into it. I've become pretty passive about it, not making it appointment TV but if it's on and nothing else is worth watching I'll watch it. I even confess to DW cosplay back then, dressing at conventions as the 1st Doctor.

Side note: 20 years ago, my younger sister got married and I attended the wedding (as a good older brother should) while Magnum Opus-Con was going on in Columbus GA (about two hours southwest of here). Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2 and selected by the others who have played the character as their favorite) was the special guest and as friends related to me after the weekend, he charmed the socks off everyone at his panel that Friday evening. On that Saturday morning, Troughton was found dead in his hotel room of a heart attack. A pall had been cast on the convention, but Anthony Ainley (the Master) went above and beyond to ensure everyone was to still have fun as he would say it's what Troughton would have wanted.

Last edited by Ccook50; 05-20-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Ccook50 is offline   Reply With Quote