View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #27
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
I know it was never STATED in the movie that he wanted the upper hand as a motive, but maybe his breaking point was the loss of control in a situation.
That to me was the best explanation I could come up with. Being a creature of habit myself, I know how it feels getting used to something and then having someone suddenly come in and try to throw things off balance.

My guess is Mike has been doing this for quite a while and I don't think anyone has ever fought back. Ironic thing is, he was attacking fellow Hollywood people. The girls were actresses and even Zoe herself was a stunt woman.

So maybe it's a kind of professional skill level that explained how they managed to turn the tide. But back to Stuntman Mike, I really feel that he never in his life ever expierenced someone fighting back against him before.

This must have been a shattering event for him, because his whole life seemed to be fractured all of the sudden, because something like this probably never happened to him before.

I also have read about serial killers and some get into their fantasies so deeply, that once their little "fun and games" happy land gets shattered by a sudden change, they just can't function anymore and totally lose it.

It's just like Norman Bates in "Psycho". Seeing his mother cheating on his father then killing both, his mind just couldn't take it. And about the ending:

Spoiler Below
The funny thing is though that the "heat of the moment" thing probably wouldn't fly with the police because the girls killed Stuntman Mike while he was unarmed. He was trapped, in his car, no gun, no knife, unable to move or defend himself and they savagely beat him to death.

Now I'm NOT saying he didn't deserve it, I'm just saying is that from what I recall of the law, killing isn't gonna fly unless you felt your life was in danger and anyone who saw the movie knows that Mike was NO threat to the girls at the end. I know he had it coming it's just that if I was a cop and I saw or found out about this, you'd find it close to impossible not to arrest the girls.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 04-13-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote