View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #23
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
It was fun to see the different sides of Kurt Russell's character, even the "screaming like a little girl" side The talking in it didn't bother me SO bad, especially because afterwards the movie rewards you for it with one of the most suspenseful scenes in the whole movie. It was worth sitting through, because I mean, it could have been worse... the conversations could have been REALLY unnatural-feeling and downright painful to watch.
The conversations weren't exactly bad, the second group with Rosario Dawson and Zoe actually helped built up the whole "land on your feet" thing for those who have seen it. But it's just it dragged on too long, too much was being dragged over the place.

Any information be it good or bad can become tiresome if you pour it on too thickly. And funny thing you mention the "little girl" bit because that kind of disappointed me. Kurt Russell was awesome as this psychopath, but I felt the breakdown to crying and saying "I'm sorry" was really out of character.

It took away his homicidal bad ass image and just made it unrealistic, I mean I've never heard of a killer actually breaking down in apology unless he's in jail or confession or something. And I especially found it out of place because he was doing it to a bunch of GIRLS, the same people he targets daily.

It's obvious he hates women and doesn't give a damn what he does to them, so to me, actually admitting an apology to a bunch of rowdy girls (who actually are probably going to have a hard time explaining this to the cops) looks really weird for the character that was established with him.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote