View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:43 AM   #337
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Angry Rip-off artists!!

jekylljuice: I totally agree with everything you just said (right down to the too much work thing - I just figure by the time the DVD ships from the US to the UK, and then again for my family to send it out to me here in China, the bulk of my work will be done. ) It is a real pain having to import Region 1 DVDs in a house mostly filled with region-locked players. I'm lucky in that the DVD players that count, ie. the ones in my living room and on my laptop, are multi-region, but the limitation still sucks.

Nevertheless, I personally wouldn't hold your breath for a Region 2 release; apart from those worthless CN compilation discs (with one arbitrarily selected episode each from, like, five different shows), I've noticed that UK releases of Cartoon Network shows are really thin on the ground, particularly season boxsets; we didn't get any of the Samurai Jack sets, none of the Adult Swim releases, and we got one out of the four Powerpuff Girls discs the US got (and it had fewer episodes on it ). These aren't just delays we're talking about here, either - these sets came out literally years ago in the US, so I think it's fair to say that if we haven't got them by now, we're not ever going to. The only CN show I can recall getting a proper DVD showing in the UK was Clone Wars, and I'm guessing we ought to thank Lucasfilm for that rather than CN.

Fact is, we've heard nothing on a Region 2 release for either the Foster's set or the upcoming Powerpuff Season One set, and I'm not expecting to. I'm perfectly happy to be proven wrong here; if they do hook us up with a UK release, then I'll happily sell off my US copy and buy the proper R2 version to show my support. For now though, I do think the best bet is importing; I got mine brand new and sealed from an Amazon Marketplace seller and it came to less than ten quid, including postage, which seems pretty reasonable...

Last edited by Ditchy McAbandonpants; 04-12-2007 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Max Beesley.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote