View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #332
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Question A query to you lucky sons of guns...

OK, I'm starting to come to accept that it's unlikely that this DVD is going to get a proper UK Region 2 release, and that I might have to just bite the bullet and import one from the US. That being so, I would like to ask those of you who own the DVD a logistical question; what's the deal with the packaging?

Let me explain what I mean; from the description that Foster's Geek gave, and from the picture on the NF homepage, it seems like the DVD comes in a standard plastic Amaray keep case, with Store Wars-inspired artwork on the outside, which is then placed inside a slip-on cardboard sleeve, which features images of characters in portraits, a synopsis on the back cover and a large portrait hole on the front for the Bloo on the keep case artwork to peek through.

However, on a lot of other pictures, such as this one from Amazon, a different version is shown, one without a slip-on cardboard sleeve that instead prints the slip-on's artwork directly onto the keep case insert (with Bloo printed flat in the portrait hole), and forgoing the Store Wars artwork altogether.

Therefore, my question is: are there two versions of this disc, one with cardboard sleeve and one without? See, I'm a real sucker for nice, artwork-heavy packaging, and I would feel a little cheated if I got a copy without the interior artwork or fancy sleeve, so I need to know if this is an issue or not before I think about ordering anything. I've seen it happen before that a DVD's packaging gets downgraded later on in their production run - the first two Harry Potter movies, for example, were intially released in beautifully-designed gatefold digipacks, but later editions were simply in bog-standard keep cases.

I would really like my Foster's discs to look as good as possible, so can somebody please clarify this for me?
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote