View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

*sigh*

Sorry these are getting so long, guys. I just added two more things to the rules:

1) This isn't a hard and fast "rule" but I am asking people to try and make an effort to see if there is already a topic on something in existence before starting it again or asking the same question. This isn't like, a big problem, but I mostly wanted to say that when a single user repeatedly makes duplicate threads, that we talk about them in the Staff forum. Sarcastically. So if you don't want us to do that then just make a teeny effort to see if a thread already exists. Try the Search function (use the Advanced Search, I've always had good luck with that on vBulletin forums). This isn't a huge deal at all, it just does us a favor, else we have to go around merging threads. It also does yourself a favor if you're asking a question (yes I'm looking at the BFAHP players) because rather than waiting anxiously for an answer, you might be able to simply *find* the answer through a simple search, and be on your way. And even if you can't find the answer you need, you may find an appropriate existing thread to put it in rather than starting a new one. But really, if your question hasn't been addressed before and you don't see an appropriate place to put it, yes, start a new thread. Just remember to follow the following:

2) Knock off the all-caps thread titles (outside the Spam area). Again, I am primarily looking at the BFAHP players. I don't care how excited you are or how badly you need help. It just looks really bad. If I've done it myself outside the Spam section I don't recall but it's possible, and I won't do it in the future; please do the same. The no-typing-entire-posts-in-all-caps should be a given, I just wanted to put it in the rules so I can point *at* the Rules when I snark at people to quit typing in all-caps.

Thanks, guys.

Last edited by Sparky; 03-31-2007 at 08:30 PM.