Thread: Neighbor Pains
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #20
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

This is a fine, fine episode. I’ll give it my support.

It was certainly a better-handled and more enjoyable look at "Adopt a Thought Saturday" than Adoptcalypse Now, my only possible complaint being that the amount of screentime Goo gets in proportion to Coco is extortionately high...it was a pity that Coco had to take such a serious backseat, since pretty much every other regular character had their chance to shine throughout. Goo appeared to fulfill some of Coco's usual duties in this episode (producing the telephone and calling Old Man Rivers to divert his attention is something I would have expected our avian friend to have done, had she been one of the onlookers). But at least they ensured that Goo's role was functional and integral to the storyline, in light of her character's history.

In addition to the return of Orlando Bloo (along with Frankie's final exasperated reaction when Mac and Bloo attempt to reprise the scheme) and the irresistible, not-often-seen teaming of Bloo and Wilt, I have to appreciate those Alfred Hitchcock nods. Of course, I’ve seen Rear Window so many times that it’s impossible for me to shake the notion that, had Old Man Rivers discovered Bloo trespassing in his house, he would have throttled him.

The only thing that’s dangerous about him, as it turns out, are his poetry-writing skills (I’ll give him credit though, how many things are there that rhyme with “Foster”?).

Last edited by jekylljuice; 02-21-2007 at 08:30 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote