View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 12:56 AM   #17
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Even though the theme of this episode (big business and money corrupting a once innocent ideal) is quite a common one, I still enjoyed it, because it's useful every once in a while to remind people that Bloo is not a completely oblivious jerk. The excesses of his behaviour often occasionally threaten to undermine his postion as a sympathetic protagonist, as well as the premise that someone as level-headed and compassionate as Mac could have created him. Episodes like this (well, the ending, at least ) and "The Sweet Stench of Success" help to balance that out a bit.

Oh, and Frankie... It was the swigging from the milk bottle that really cracked me up...what a way to take the wholesome tradtion of milk and cookies to disturbingly psychotic extremes! The fact that as a character she's versatile enough to go from cookie-addled kook to love goddess (Frankie My Dear), to put-upon punch-bag (Store Wars), to mischievous ne'er-do-well (World Wide Wabbit), to stern authority figure (Everyone Knows It's Bendy), is the essence of what I love about her.

Last edited by Ditchy McAbandonpants; 12-27-2006 at 12:57 AM.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote