Thread: Wizard of Oz
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #27
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

He didn't get an answer from any of them, for a giant shape suddenly leapt out into the road. It was a lion, with large teeth so huge they jutted out from beneath his upper lip. His eyes were yellow with rage and his fur was.. purple. Well, it is Oz. Before they knew what happened the Lion had quickly batted one of his paws at the Scarecrow, sending him rolling over and over until he collapsed on the road a bit away. The Tin Bird released a loud 'coco' and leapt at the Lion, who was seemingly too quick for her and batted her away too with his other paw; thus leaving Mac and Bloo shadowed by this enormous monster. The Lion fell onto its all fours and stalked towards the two boys, and once he was close enough one of his paws began to reach out towards Mac, but that's when Bloo jumped into action. Nobody tries to hurt Mac, not even some seven foot tall Lion!

"GET BACK!" he screamed, and leapt onto the Lion's paw. This shocked the Lion so it stepped back, it's eyes suddenly going wide and as Bloo hung on, it suddenly screamed in terror.

"AAAHHH!! GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFFFFFF!!!!" his voice was incredibly deep, but right now it was stricken with such terror you would think he was a little child with a bug on him. He waved his paw crazily, trying to shake Bloo off with such ferocity you'd be surprised Bloo hadn't been tossed off already.

Mac, afraid Bloo would be hurt once the Lion realised how small this thing was and might try to hurt him, jumped forward and managed to slap the Lion right across the nose. "LET HIM GO!" he screamed.

The Lion froze, arm up in the air and his eyes seemed to double in size; if that was possible given his eyes were already the size of dinner plates. His lower lip wobbled and he burst into tears, giving Bloo enough time to fall off his arm and onto the ground. Mac took a few steps backwards, holding onto Bloo as the two stared in shock at just how powerfully this monster was crying at just having a smack on the nose.

"I did not hurt him!!" the Lion sobbed, his thick Hispanic accent leaking through his words of shame and terror.

"Well.. yeah but you TRIED to!" Mac said defensively, taking another step back to avoid being rained on by the animal's tears. "It's bad enough picking on a scarecrow but to try and hurt my friend!"

"S-scarecrow?" the Lion asked, rubbing his nose to check if he was bleeding or not.

"Yeah HIM!" Bloo pointed at the Scarecrow who was still where he had landed in a tumble of limbs. The Scarecrow turned to stare at the group, and waved his hand even if it was under one of his feet. "And her!" he then pointed to the poor Tin Bird who was flat on her back, shocked into freezing once the Lion had smacked her. True he hadn't hurt either of them, given one was made of straw and the other tin, but being knocked around like a rag doll is never a happy experience to endure.

The talk had to halt for a moment so Mac could help untangle the Scarecrow's long legs and arm, and help him back to his feet. Bloo kept guard on the Lion, who just sat there in his sorrow sniffling now and then.

"Man, lookit you. I thought Lion's were meant to be brave, not scaredy cry babies!"

"I, I know." the Lion replied, burying his huge head in his paws. "I es been this way forever! Every animal is thinking I to be brave because I am King of Beasts, but I am nothing but big coward!" it was a sad truth. For as long as the Lion could remember, he had been scared of everything. He had a good default mechanism though, whenever he was afraid he would roar as loudly and as viciously as he could and the thing that scared him would run away. That is, only for the living things. The darkness wouldn't shy away from his roars of terror, neither would the rain, thunderstorms...

Soon the troop had regrouped and stood in front of the Lion, unsure what to do.

"I es sorry, I am." the Lion sniffled, his eyes looking down at the ground for he felt he had no right to look at these nice people (well, mostly..) in the face after what he had done.

"But why did you scare us?" Mac asked, curious if he was so afraid of everything.

"The squirrels dared me." he replied.

"...squirrels." Bloo echoed.

"Si! They es so awful, with their pointy teeth and fluffy tails!"

"Aw it's okay Lion," the Scarecrow offered good-heartedly, "I'm made of straw so you didn't hurt me at all! But hey! If you don't have any courage, as I'm guessing sorry if I'm wrong, you should come with us!"

Bloo stared agape at the Scarecrow, probably because he just had an idea but also because he had such a stupid one. "What? No! We can't let him come! He'll slow us up!" he glared at the Lion, "He's a cry baby and he'll hold us up!"

This caused the Lion to cry even more.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote