View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #9
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

For the most part, I agree with Mr. Marshmallow: while it didn't end up being the Frankie and Mac centric episode I was hoping it would be, I still found it to be a genuinely brilliant episode, if just for the fact that the showed how Madam Foster herself even occasionally doubted if what she was doing was worthwhile. On top of that, it was kind of harsh seeing how easily Li'l Lincoln was able to objectify the IFs as tools and workers instead of their intended purpose, that being friends and companions. I personally found it to be a smarting blow to the way people who are in power/a higher position will tend to objectify those below them and profit from them, as (unfortunately) commonly happens in capitalism.

I thought that Li'l Lincoln and Moose were, like Marshmallow said, a great pair of villains. While it's a cliche setup (the brainy ringleader with the dumb, huge muscle to enforce what he wants), I thought it was a genuinely entertaining use of it, especially Moose's repeated response of "Yes, Mr. President!" to Lincoln. What really surprised me, though, was that there was one moment where Moose even actually seemed clever, having somehow picked up on the whole battery ordeal with Bloo. I guess I just didn't expect someone like him to really pull something off like that (though he basically made the whole scheme pointless when he gave Lincoln back to Madam Foster when she asked for a pen).

In the episode, there was only one thing I DIDN'T agree with: the use of Herriman. I would have liked some explanation as to how Lincoln was able to get him to comply with being his maid. While I guess Li'l Lincoln could have threatened to get rid of him as well somehow, you'd have thought that Herriman would've told Madam Foster what was going on immediately, unless Foster was the one to allow them to treat Herriman like that (which I doubt). Still, I think Herriman had one of my favorite lines in this episode: (paraphrased to the best of my memory) "He even addressed me as his 'First Lady'".