View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #8
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Since I'm probably gonna be the first to put in a long review, let me start off by saying while this wasn't the Frankie/Mac spotlight episode that people have expected it to be, I gotta say I was really impressed at the cleverness of this episode.

Little Lincoln and Moose have been the first villains we've had in a long while. He had a great gimmick, a great plan, and a great cover giving the IFs homes but also taking advantage of them. This also gave Madame Foster a chance to show a bit more into her personality.

The idea that she wondered if what she was doing was worth wild was a very DEEP DEEP character plot device that I was surprised to see (as I was with the risque but clever use of the naked lady on the pen gag with Lincoln in the hot cup of tea ).

Having Bloo be insanely addicted to the video game, while at the same time almost inadvertantly saving the day was classic Bloo. I was also glad to see Mac being nice and trying to help out imaginary friends, as well as how Frankie sweetly tried to console him after he realized he'd done wrong.

I guess in honest I have to say I liked the whole idea behind this more so then the comedy of it. There was some really good writing here, and I felt it came out well despite the fact Eduardo and the others seemed to take a back seat to Little Lincoln's debut.

Two things I especially loved: Madame Foster stuffing the 2 in the closet in the beginning, and how Little Lincoln was defeated that pen chewing bit was sure brilliance. All in all, I was happy with this episode and I found it to be one of the smartest episodes they've had in a while.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote