View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #1019
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Two shows that couldn't be any more different even if they tried.

First up was Pumpkin Scissors: An Anime from 2006 which unlike most animes that take place during an armed conflict, this one actually takes a different approach and deals with the aftermath of an armed conflict as the basic premise centers around an army unit that is charged with the war relief effort, helping to get the citizens of their home country back on track.

I'm about half way through the series and I think it's been pretty solid so far despite the usual Anime tropes (IE the main female protagonist is a young wide eyed idealist, the main male protagonist is the nigh invulnerable soldier whose past is shrouded in mystery.) All in all it's been able to keep a casual anime viewer entertained so it was worth the 20 buck I paid for the box set last month.

The other show I last watched was: Masterchef (USA)

Which is Gordon Ramsey's newest reality TV venture, so far the show has been a little slow going through the audition process, which is basically just "Chef Idol" with the three judge format and the tears of joy/sadness from the potential contestants. (Well it is a FOX show after all, so that's going to be expected.) Hopefully the show pick a little once they get to the actual cooking challenges next week.

I and that's what I've been seeing.

Last edited by taranchula; 08-05-2010 at 05:05 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote