View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

For those of you who do not read my Facebook or Twitter, Auryn (the kingsnake pictured above) escaped from his enclosure, probably at least a week ago. I hadn't seen him for a while and figured he was just hiding and not hungry when a mouse was left untouched but I finally picked through his substrate early this morning and he simply wasn't there. These guys are known for escaping from seemingly sealed enclosures, especially when small, so I'm hardly alone. I may or may not find him, he could potentially pop up months from now out of the blue - or he may be gone for good, either escaped outside or deceased for one reason or another. I tore my room apart this morning but he is so little, I could have missed him, and of course he could have left my room. Our whole apartment is such a mess, which doesn't help. I vowed to clean the place up this year months ago so I could shampoo the carpets, which may or may not help in finding him. I have set a "trap" with a heating pad, a hide, and some substrate that smells like mice in my room, so if he's in there that may do it - but he may not even be in there anymore.

I feel pretty crappy about it. He's just a baby, I want him home safe.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote