Old 01-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #107
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Castle View Post
I don't want to end up repeating what has been said in eairlier posts, but do we assume Mom works till late everyday? Or is she home around the time Mac comes home from school? I don't think it is legal to leave a 8-year-old and a 13-year-old home alone.
I'm trying to remember when Mac always says he needs to get back home, I'm thinking it's 6. I've always thought that Mac needs to get home because that's when his mom gets home. And in the episode "Infernal Slumber", she gets up at 5 so, now I'm wondering if she works 12 hour shifts every day (6am-6pm). Hmm... And as for it being il/legal for kids that age to be left home alone, it really depends where you're from I'm sure, and exactly how long they're home alone. I know in my country there are plenty of 12 and 13 year old babysitters who babysit younger kids while the parents work, so they could be home alone for up to 8 hours at a time (although, if the parent is going to be gone that long, they'd probably aim for a babysitter older than 13). And as for being home alone for only a few hours, it's not uncommon for many school age kids (age 7+) to do so every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Castle View Post
Despite an absent Dad and a bully brother I don't imagine Mac's life before Fosters was miserable or depressing. But do we think she has been a bad mother to Mac? After all, he does have very strong morals.
There are plenty of people who think she has, but I personally don't think so. She's just a protective mother, perhaps a little over-protective. But that doesn't make her "bad". I've personally always seen a very melancholy side to Mac, and imagined that's due to what he went through when his parents divorced, maybe feeling his father abandoned him or doesn't love him. But you're right, he has good morals, and I'm sure it was primarily his mother who taught them to him.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote