View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I had that problem when I was a child but it wasn't darkness itself that made me nervous; it was the thought of what it might be concealing. Large animals, people with ill intent, supernatural horrors, things like that. Mostly it was a problem when I was outdoors and alone. I can't say that I really did anything in particular to get over it, although I do think that an increased ability to defend myself was part of it. In truth, these days I prefer to go out at night; I have excellent night vision and feel quite at home in the dark, plus I've never cared much for overly bright lights anyway. As for the silence, I know what you mean; if it's quiet enough that I can hear myself breathe, I'm not happy. I don't know what to tell you as far as solutions go, other than perhaps a nightlight with a low-wattage bulb and a cheap noisemaker that creates a soothing sound, such as that of falling rain. Neither costs much to run, which is certainly a consideration, as you noted, and undoubtably better for the laptop.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-13-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Typo removed.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote