Old 01-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #1829
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
It really annoys me that some people don't seem to understand that the sign at the register that says "12 items or less" means them, too. And please, shoppers, study the weekly circular before you shop; don't do it at the register. The rest of us would like to pay and go home.
I hear ya. It's not fun being the cashier either, getting nasty looks from the next person in line, knowing they expect you to do something about it. If the customer being indecisive is being an extraordinary pain, I'll actually tell them "I have a line forming, would you mind if I take the next customer while you're still deciding?" Thankfully, they usually oblige. Although it can still be irritating when they think they can jump to the front of the line when they finally do decide, even when there are other people waiting.

If the indecisive customer doesn't oblige to allow me to check out the next customer in line, if I'm able to, I'll sign off and abandon the register, taking the next people in line at another register. And when the person causing the irritant is finally ready, I'll call a manager just in case they want to chew someone out for not allowing them make everyone else wait.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote