Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Entertainment (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Out of Jimmy's Head (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3476)

Cell_Phone_guy 09-21-2008 08:39 AM

Out of Jimmy's Head

Discuss this show. It's currently on Teletoon on Saturdays at 7:30 am and 12:30 pm and based on the live action/animated movie Re-animated.

The show changed two major characters. In the movie, Jimmy's friend and his friend's sister were played by Asians. Now, they are played by blacks. However, they still have the same names (I believe).

For those who don't know, in Re-animated, Jimmy was a 12 year old who was more or less walked over until a field trip to an amusement park he was hit by a train and had to have a brain operation where they gave him the brain of the park's late founder. As a result, Jimmy can now see and talk to cartoon characters the park's owner created, though no one else can see them or any damage the cartoon characters cause. The series continues where the movie left off.

Sparky 09-21-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cell_Phone_guy (Post 92256)
Discuss this show.

...Are you not going to, then?

I thought we had a thread for this, but maybe not. I do remember a lot of people hating it, but maybe I'm thinking of another forum. I've seen little of it, but what I saw, I thought was awful. :P

One Radical Dude 09-21-2008 05:03 PM

Thankfully, the show is no longer in production. No disrespect to Tim McKeon and Adam Pava (former writers for Foster's for a few seasons), but I certainly thought that Out of Jimmy's Head was a big miss.

Bloonan 09-21-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Radical Dude (Post 92289)
Thankfully, the show is no longer in production. No disrespect to Tim McKeon and Adam Pava (former writers for Foster's for a few seasons), but I certainly thought that Out of Jimmy's Head was a big miss.

You're not the only one feeling that way.
That show was a flop.

Cassini90125 09-21-2008 05:50 PM

I never saw more than a few minutes at the end (it was on right before Foster's) but that was more than enough for me. I thought it was garbage; no entertainment value whatsoever. The huge splash ads for the show during Foster's didn't help, either. Even Squirrel Boy ranked higher in my view. :P

Lynnie 09-21-2008 06:44 PM

I found the show annoying most of the time, not really because it was mostly live action, but because it just wasn't original. It had a lot of that "tweeny" feel that a lot of the cheesy Disney Channel shows have right now. But I have to admit there were times I found it entertaining. I'll always be a fan of "puppy love" and/or innocent crushes, and story lines based around them. It's just cute in my opinion. I really liked Tinashe Kachingwe who played Robin (Jimmy's crush), I thought she was a pretty talented young actress, and I hope she's able to score something more successful (and popular).