Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Comic-Con International 2008 - San Diego, CA (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2879)

One Radical Dude 01-17-2008 07:58 PM

Comic-Con International 2008 - San Diego, CA

As some of you may know, some of us here are planning to take another trip to San Diego, California in late July. For a few, including myself, this would be the third consecutive appearance at Comic-Con, some for the second time, and maybe a few people could be going for the first time ever. *points at a random person* Will you be one of them? :) The 2008 Comic-Con will take place Thursday, July 24-Sunday, July 27, 2008, with Preview Night to be on Wednesday, July 23. If you wish to know more about the event, visit www.comic-con.org.

Now that I've got your attention, raise your hand, if you're absolutely serious about attending the con this year! Get those hands up, people! 8-) *waves hands around*

Sparky 01-17-2008 08:06 PM

Government Man, myself, and hopefully a new prop will be attending all days. ;) Early registration is recommended, as they did sell out some days last year. Although note that cost has gone up.

I believe Lauren will have her booth again this year (My Firefly, Inc), although the exhibitor's list on the site is still from last year so I'm not sure.

One Radical Dude 01-17-2008 08:11 PM

Really? :terrconf: I think the preliminary list that's up is for 2008, which includes My Firefly, Inc. and Cartoon Network. Unless my eyes are tricking me. 8D

Sparky 01-17-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Radical Dude (Post 69501)
Really? :terrconf: I think the preliminary list that's up is for 2008, which includes My Firefly, Inc. and Cartoon Network. Unless my eyes are tricking me. 8D

You're right, my bad.

Cassini90125 01-17-2008 08:14 PM

(Raises hand) Oh, wait, you already know I'm going. :cheesegrin:

Not much I can add to what ORD already said. If any of y'all can make it, that would be grand; it's a great adventure with plenty to see and do both at the Con itself and elsewhere in beautiful San Diego, and it's a great opportunity to meet some of the people behind our favorite show, and a few of your fellow Never Forgotten members, too. If you can come, by all means come! ;D

narfcake 01-17-2008 09:08 PM

As usual, I'm going. Not sure where I'll end up staying and which days yet, however. It'll be very dependent on my (new?) job.

Offer still stands if you need me as Bloo at any poit.

CG 01-17-2008 09:15 PM

I'm attending, and it appears that my friend Matt may be joining me. Maybe. Also maybe on my buddy Ralinda from Texas.

Let's all cue CG's mom to get on her back again! (yes, it has happened already!)

BluebottleFlyer 01-18-2008 01:10 AM

I'm hoping to be there this year, for the first time, I've been thinking about this since early last year, and I'm really looking forward to it. However, nothing's for certain, so you will just have to pencil me in for the time being, I need to get my passport sorted and a good amount of money together. But I really want to be part of this, to be able to experience the 'Con first hand, see the sights of San Diego, and hopefully to meet some of you.:)

Ccook50 01-18-2008 02:08 AM

Probably not me this year. Financial considerations (outstanding expenses and bailing out family members in trouble) will keep me in metro Atlanta this summer.

cartman414 01-18-2008 02:34 PM

Third time for me. Pre-registered a few months ago for the whole weekend this time. Hoping to go with one of my old friends from high school who I learned was there just a little too late.

Hopefully the writer's strike won't last long enough to screw things up.