Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Anyone Else Having Tech Problems? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2799)

WiltsAKGirl17 12-05-2007 11:29 AM

Is Anyone Else Having Tech Problems?

Hello all. Several months ago, I joined the awesomehouseparty.com game, but never really did anything with it. Now that I know how to get on the site through the school Internet, I finally decided to actually USE the account.

Of course, silly me-- I deleted the email they sent me that had my account info and password on it, so I clicked "Forgot Password?" I was prompted to a window that said, "Sorry! We're experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back later."

That was two days ago. I tried it again today, and got the same results. I tried creating a new account, but the site came back with "404-Not Found." Needless to say this is driving me a little crazy.

My question here is-- Is anyone else having trouble logging into the site? Thanks!

Vicks 12-05-2007 09:57 PM

Short answer - You are probably out of luck. :'(

The links that go to Change Password and Forgot Password don't work, and haven't for a loooonnnnnnnnnggggggg time. Months. Several. So... you are probably out of luck, unless you can somehow retrieve the e-mail, or remember it somehow.

Forget about trying to contact Cartoon Network through the feedback links, they don't work, for even longer than the password links. Not to mention that Cartoon Network never replies to those anyway.

As far as not being able to create a new account - I'd try on several computers. It may be that it's just not working on the one(s) you are trying to use.

My other guess is that because the game is officially "over" they may not be allowing any new accounts to be made, but I really doubt that, but I wouldn't put it passed them either. I really think they would still allow new accounts to be made, but the wordage I'm seeing is "you can still finish" which speaks to those that have already started, not those that haven't yet.

So I don't know. Hopefully, you can remember your account information. If not, hopefully you'll still be able to create a new account. Like I said, keep trying and try on multiple computers. Have a friend even try to make an account for you and tell you what the log in info is, then try to log in at school (although, I do not condone playing online at school, that's not what you're there for, but I understand there is free time if all your work is done. Sorry, "mom moment"). lol

Anyway, I really hope that helps. If not, sorry! :bloosmirk:
~Vicks

P.S. No loggin issues for me, but then I know my log in information. But I can log in just fine.

WiltsAKGirl17 12-06-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicks (Post 66173)
Short answer - You are probably out of luck. :'(

The links that go to Change Password and Forgot Password don't work, and haven't for a loooonnnnnnnnnggggggg time. Months. Several. So... you are probably out of luck, unless you can somehow retrieve the e-mail, or remember it somehow.

Forget about trying to contact Cartoon Network through the feedback links, they don't work, for even longer than the password links. Not to mention that Cartoon Network never replies to those anyway.

As far as not being able to create a new account - I'd try on several computers. It may be that it's just not working on the one(s) you are trying to use.

My other guess is that because the game is officially "over" they may not be allowing any new accounts to be made, but I really doubt that, but I wouldn't put it passed them either. I really think they would still allow new accounts to be made, but the wordage I'm seeing is "you can still finish" which speaks to those that have already started, not those that haven't yet.

So I don't know. Hopefully, you can remember your account information. If not, hopefully you'll still be able to create a new account. Like I said, keep trying and try on multiple computers. Have a friend even try to make an account for you and tell you what the log in info is, then try to log in at school (although, I do not condone playing online at school, that's not what you're there for, but I understand there is free time if all your work is done. Sorry, "mom moment"). lol

Anyway, I really hope that helps. If not, sorry! :bloosmirk:
~Vicks

P.S. No loggin issues for me, but then I know my log in information. But I can log in just fine.

Oh, crud. Thanks, Vicks!

(P.S. I usually do have all my homework done before I start wandering the 'Net. Either that or I'm confident I can not pay attention to the Computer Apps II teacher lecture and still do the assignment right. Lately, I've just been wandering for the sake of wandering-- it's Dreamweaver MX and creating our own web pages, and I hate Dreamweaver, so I just space out. But I do understand your "mom moment"-- I have them on ocassion. it's probably something that's hard-wired into our brains. ;))

Vicks 12-08-2007 01:32 AM

Sorry it's not the answer you were hoping for. I've come to find that CN games like BFAHP and Orbit are at times more frustrating than they are probably worth. 8D

I'd keep trying, you never know. You may remember it, eventually. :bloosmirk:
~Vicks

Match Stick 12-10-2007 11:40 PM

i cannot log in too...but that's probably becuz i'm from outside united states n so i cant play but there was a time when i could ACTUALLY log in n play...but then some months later when i dont go on tht page anymore..i cant log in

btw ..(this is completely off-topic)... my computer lessons ar making web pages with DREam weaver too

camper 12-19-2007 05:44 AM

I apologize for this thread is way months old while the "Official Error Thread" is too far down and way older than this one.

My problem currently now is, everytime I have a new laptop or recently reformatted, the main menu usually say "Flash plugin is outdated" or something like that. After I tried to solve that problem, today I got a different one. Does anyone experiencing login problems such as "You did logout last time" even though you already waited for so many minutes and the game refuses to enter? I tried it and the game did enter for the 1st time, but after a few seconds, it got hung up. When I try to re-enter, the "Log out last time" problem comes back. Keep on trying is no use (Even I was patient for 10 minutes plus), no matter which computer I use too. :( The problem is on the account itself or something else. ??? Not sure.

I live outside the US and the game did work for me, but it's just that I could not get the game to load properly no thanks to the plugin problems and also the "Logout last time" problems.

Can anyone help? Please.

Foster's Child 12-28-2007 04:31 PM

More Technical Difficulties...

Everytime I've tried to log in for the past 2 WEEKS it says that I did not log out properly, wait 5 minutes and try again, but I wait and it still says that. Anyone else having that problem? I'm about to give up! :terrence:

camper 12-29-2007 12:37 AM

My problem was solved long time ago, I think it's something to do with both Flash and Shockwave, reinstall them. But me, I rather play the House Party game via Firefox, IE cannot always read every single scripts, which may cause the game to crash for a day.

*jellybeaner* 12-30-2007 05:20 AM

I'm having that problem to, every time I log in it says the thing about not logging out wait 5 minutes:'(

camper 12-30-2007 08:58 PM

Well, new friend, apparently our problem are a little similar. Try to follow what I say above like re-installing Flash and Shockwave, and then use Firefox instead. I'm sure it may solve the problem which IE cannot.