Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What'd you get for Christmas? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1122)

Tonya 12-23-2006 04:40 PM

What'd you get for Christmas?

Okay, so it may seem a bit early to start this thread already, but I for one am celebrating Christmas tomorow since C Day isin't as fun as C Eve. That's just how I've allways done it. And I've also decided to start this thread now because I hardley ever am on the comp. in mornings, so... Yep.
I already know one thing I'm getting tommorow, (okay so I peeked), and from some elderly people of my family, it is an almighty colering book with crayons.... Well, it's the thought that counts, right? I am grateful though :).

pitbulllady 12-23-2006 05:35 PM

My family and I have not exchanged gifts yet, as we generally do that on Christmas day. My aunt had to leave early to go visit her daughter who lives in Birmingham, AL, and could not be home for Christmas due to her work, so she went ahead and gave me my present earlier this week-15 pounds of elk meat cut into steaks, burgers, filet mignons, etc., shipped on dry ice from a company out west, and my Cajun "family" down in Louisiana sent me my usual annual 10 pounds of 'gator meat, along with a box of boudin sausages(also shipped on dry ice-my yard looked quite interesting after yesterday's heavy rains), so now I've got a freezer full of meats that you just can't find in the supermarket! My aunt also gave me a sterling silver ring with an amber setting, since we both love amber, and I just now realized that there are two elephants supporting the round amber stone with their tusks!

pitbulllady

Subzeroace 12-23-2006 05:44 PM

I open one gift tomorrow night then early in the morning of Christmas we open the rest!

I already know I'm getting these because I had to pick them out for my dad: FMA Vol 1 "The Curse", PoTC II (the special edition) PHP for Teens (a book, I need better web design skills) and my dad has promised me some cash so I can buy two of the Foster's shirts on the Hot Topic online store!

I'll take pictures of my loot once the big day comes :)

some guy you dont know 12-23-2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subzeroace (Post 24419)
I open one gift tomorrow night then early in the morning of Christmas we open the rest!

so do i hooray! oh well, back on topic. all ive gotten so far is 30 bucks by my grandpa. now to figure out what to waste it on..

(ill post again later when i figure out whatelse i get on Xmas Day)

Partymember 12-23-2006 08:52 PM

well, hopefully i'll get CD's and MAYBE a .30-30...i didn't specifically ask for it but i dropped hints like crazy

gator meat is sooooo damn tasty! 10 lbs. OMG i would gorge myself...

GrimTheLost 12-23-2006 10:46 PM

My friends exchange gifts on Yule usually and it was fun this year. I got a necklace; Giardia, Mad Cow, and Syphilis from another (they are microbes from ThinkGeek.com); a Ramones collage; and finally A Venom tee and action figure from my g/f. And I get more from my family.

FostersFriend 12-24-2006 01:39 AM

I think I know what I might get, but I could be wrong. Were opening our presents tonight, and tomorrow we just have like a 'family' time :terrsmile:

SkittleMonkey 12-24-2006 03:11 AM

My Grandma has her Christmas on Christmas Eve(which it today); I got a sketchbook and a book on drawing manga(not one of the crappy ones either! It's a NICE one!) from my friend. Anywayz, I'll post back later today and tomorrow with whatever else I receive.

Invader Bloo 12-24-2006 06:29 AM

I'll post tommorow. Yeah, my Nana does that to SM we dinner tonight. *sobs because of waiting*

I think I got some of those weird SW-Transformer things for my collection, (I saw it in my mom's closet when I was getting her computer...OOPS!:o )

pitbulllady 12-24-2006 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 24444)
well, hopefully i'll get CD's and MAYBE a .30-30...i didn't specifically ask for it but i dropped hints like crazy

gator meat is sooooo damn tasty! 10 lbs. OMG i would gorge myself...

Yep, it is...and I can make a pretty awesome jambalaya myself, using a recipe I learned from the late, great Justin Wilson himself! Good thing about 'gator meat-it's not fattening, which is more than I can say about the rest of the stuff I eat this time of year!

My father usually gives me money for Christmas, which usually goes to pay bills and the property taxes on my home, which are due in January, sadly. I seldom have any left over to buy something I want. That just leaves my sister and my brother, and I haven't even gotten any clues as to what they will get me. My sister usually gets me something to wear, and my brother usually gets me something computer-related, like graphic software or a subscription to an online science magazine. My best friend and I exchange gifts on New Year's, since she usually goes to West Virginia to visit her parents on Christmas. Most of the time, she indulges me with a huge box of sugar-free chocolates, so I can't complain.

I always give people decorative wall calenders for Christmas, since a calender is something everyone needs, to keep up with appointments and whatnot, and something they can use all year-long, literally. I pick them based on something that the person is interested in, like my aunt, for instance. She has a Jack Russell Terrier she's crazy about, so I get her a JRT calender. My sister is into horses, so I get her a horse calender. My dad is interested in weather phenomenon, so I got him an "Extreme Weather" calender, which has really cool pics of bizarre lightning strikes and tornadoes and such. Thought I'd toss that out there in case some of you might be "stuck" on what to give someone next year.

pitbulllady