Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Character Discussions (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Wilt's Stitches (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767)

LaBlooGirl 11-15-2006 07:05 AM

Wilt's Stitches

I hope this thread is okay to start here, since I didn't want to just add this to Wilt's main thread, which is already several pages long and this is a very specific topic anyway.

Why do you think Wilt still has his stitches, after all these years?

My own opinion is, he may not have had them removed because perhaps he can't, like maybe he would just bleed again or something. A bit dramatic for the show maybe, but I can't figure any other reason. It's very intriguing if you ask me! (Because as we know, stitches often fall out on their own or can be removed within weeks to months.)

Cassini90125 11-15-2006 07:11 AM

Are we certain that those are actually stitches? Perhaps what we're looking at is discolored scar tissue, which I don't think is removable. It's a possibility, if nothing else.

pitbulllady 11-15-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 15751)
Are we certain that those are actually stitches? Perhaps what we're looking at is discolored scar tissue, which I don't think is removable. It's a possibility, if nothing else.

I think you're right, Cassini. Some people scar a very different color from the rest of their skin, and MOST animals do. I still have visable scars on two fingers of my right hand from where those two fingers were actually severed in a freak accident 17 years ago, and had to be surgically reattached! I can still make out the lines from where the sutures were, even after all these years, and I'm a very light-skinned person. The more pigment people have in their skin, the darker their scars tend to be. I don't think that there are actually sutures still left in Wilt's skin, since suture material is either made to eventually break down and dissolve, or it will actually cause an infection and "rejection" immune response from the body.

pitbulllady

Jabberwocky 11-15-2006 02:23 PM

I just thought he was supposed to look like a basketball.

Or maybe they're imaginary stitches that never dissolve, or something. I'm sure you could imagine up a stitch-friend.

antgirl1 11-15-2006 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabberwocky (Post 15817)
I just thought he was supposed to look like a basketball.

Or maybe they're imaginary stitches that never dissolve, or something. I'm sure you could imagine up a stitch-friend.

NO. Wilt was NOT created the way he is now.

Yes, you could, but I'm sure Wilt wasn't created with those stitches. I think SOMETHING caused them to appear, (possibly when losing arm, eye) but we don't know what that SOMETHING is.

But HEY-! On ALL of the Foster's house photos, Wilt's head is cut off on every one. Maybe Wilt DIDN'T get those stitches on him when he lost his arm/eye. Maybe he had gotten them like, in the last few years or so. Maybe his head was cut out of every picture for a reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :D :goo:

Cassini90125 11-15-2006 03:56 PM

We'll know for certain in less than eight days. :D

CG 11-15-2006 04:13 PM

Interesting subject to say the least.

Normally stitches either disolve on their own, or need to be surgically removed as we all know. Wilt though, seems to have had these stitches for quite sometime. It's a good question as to why, but it also matters on how he got injured on his frills (that's what I call em anyway) in the first place. Were those pieces of his face basically severed off at some point, like pbl's fingers?

If that is the case, he wouldn't need them now after so long of having them. His flesh wound have mended. But maybe imaginaries heal differently to humans? Maybe he can't heal, or maybe it's still mending and every few months behind the scenes he has to have the old stitches removed and new ones put in.

That was actually a plot point in one of the role play sessions I've shared with Fala in the past. Wilt avoiding the nasty business by hiding up a tree.

But in the show? Who knows. The same deal goes with his arm too. But maybe we'll never know.

pitbulllady 11-15-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antgirl1 (Post 15862)
NO. Wilt was NOT created the way he is now.

Yes, you could, but I'm sure Wilt wasn't created with those stitches. I think SOMETHING caused them to appear, (possibly when losing arm, eye) but we don't know what that SOMETHING is.

But HEY-! On ALL of the Foster's house photos, Wilt's head is cut off on every one. Maybe Wilt DIDN'T get those stitches on him when he lost his arm/eye. Maybe he had gotten them like, in the last few years or so. Maybe his head was cut out of every picture for a reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :D :goo:

I think that the whole "headless Wilt in every picture" has nothing whatsoever to do with his amputated arm and "wonky" fake eye, but is more of a running joke having to do with him being so tall, AND being so sensitive about it. It's sort of a rehashing of that nearly-identical running joke in Monsters, Inc., where Mike Wazowski's face is always obscured by something every time he appears in a photo, or on tv, or whatever, only unlike Wilt, Mike isn't quite sharp enough to figure that out and have an issue with it! He's just such an attention hog that the mere fact that he was on tv, period, is enough to make him ecstatic! Wilt must feel like he's being descriminated against for his height, by his face always being cut out of the picture, and he's not too happy with that.

pitbulllady

CG 11-15-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitbulllady (Post 15869)
Wilt must feel like he's being descriminated against for his height, by his face always being cut out of the picture, and he's not too happy with that.pitbulllady

As made evident in the picture episode when he finally asks if he could just sit lower down. He certainly didn't like Bloo's tall jokes either. Seems to be his height is the only sensitive subject Wilt has.

LaBlooGirl 11-15-2006 05:43 PM

HOLD IT! I just had a really freaky thought, as to HOW Wilt got those injuries. Know how sometimes when basketball players shoot a hoop they manage to break the glass behind it? (Considering it WAS glass, which I'm not sure they still use anymore but did in the old days.) What if Wilt was playing, say one-on-one with the basketball-head guy, when his rival throws the ball hard, trying to make a score, and he ends up shattering the glass, with Wilt right underneath it???

:wiltshock:

Hmmm....