Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Entertainment (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Favorite Disney Song (s) (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2189)

emperor26 06-27-2007 01:55 PM

Favorite Disney Song (s)

Pink Elephants on Parade-Back when I was at least 6 or 7, I was quite afraid of how this song was portrayed. Strangely enough, I find it entertaining now, mainly of the music, the animation and the beat that was present.

I Wanna Be Like You-One of two favorite songs from the Jungle Book, it had the sensational feel of jazz in it, and with King Louie singing the song, I just had to listen to it, again and again, just to hear that beat.

Bear Necessities-Another favorite song from the Jungle Book, this one gives out a happy and joyful sensation, and the singing from both Baloo and Mowgli makes this song very memorable.

WiltFan 06-27-2007 02:13 PM

I have way too many favorite Disney songs, lol. I really love "Candle on the Water" from Pete's Dragon. I used to listen to that song while I fell asleep when I was a baby. It's such a relaxing song.
Then there's "Everybody's got a laughing place" from Song of the South. I love how it's so bouncy and catchy. Fun song.:D
I love EVERY song from Alice in Wonderland. I don't think I can even pick a favorite there.
Agh, this too too hard for me. xD I love Disney songs from the movies to the tv shows to the theme park music. 8-)
Yup, love it all. :D

Sparky 06-27-2007 02:44 PM

OMG. Last night I was remembering my time spent on a Disney-themed rpg years ago, and it was common for people to ask you on there what your favorite Disney song is, so I already know the answer to this.

It's "I Wanna Be Like You." Hands down.

Nyo 06-27-2007 03:50 PM

This is Halloween, dude. Yeah.

It's also in a tie with just about evey song from Lion King. Ohsnap.

FailedShapeshifter 06-28-2007 06:42 PM

Hey look, another Nightmare fan!:D

My favorite is Jack's Lament, though it's really hard for me to pick a faviorite Disney song. Runner up has to be Beauty and The Beast.

taranchula 06-28-2007 07:06 PM

Yikes so many to choose from, so I'll just rattle off a few of my favorites and provide links to the Youtube videos of said songs.

You Got a Friend in Me.

Movie(s): Toy Story (1995) Toy Story 2 (1999)

I always did particularly like this upbeat little number from Mr. Randy Newman. A nice little song about the meaning of friendship and all of that jazz.

Arabian Nights
One Jump Ahead
Friend Like Me

Movie: Aladdin (1992)

3 shining examples from what I consider to be one of the best soundtracks in any film that Disney has ever made, animated or live action.

Circle of Life

Movie: The Lion King (1994)

The Three words that best describe both the song and the animated sequence it plays over...beautiful...beautiful and beautiful!

Invader Bloo 06-28-2007 08:23 PM

The Monsters, Inc. song. I can't remember it right now.
Hakuna Mattata

One Radical Dude 06-29-2007 01:15 AM

Oh, gosh...I need to think for a moment. 8D

I want to name something I really like that hasn't been mentioned. A lot of the songs mentioned here, I really enjoy.

Believe it or not, I loved the soundtrack to Pocahontas (even though I wasn't big on the movie itself), including "Colors of the Wind." I also loved "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" from Song of the South. I used to sing a bit of the latter tune as a child.

frankie_fan 06-29-2007 03:07 AM

Well, I'm more of a Mickey Mouse fan, so my favourite Disney song would have to be 'Minnie's Yoo Hoo'. Very catchy.

As well as Friend In Me, I also like When She Loved Me (Toy Story 2). My favourite moment from that movie. Beautiful song, should've won the Oscar instead of Phil Collins. I've uploaded a video of the song if you want to be reminded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_hpHzEMiE

Medikor 06-29-2007 11:44 AM

Hmm... I really need to think this one over but I do love the songs from Nightmare Before Christmas and the Lion King. Does the Theme song from the Pirates movies count?