Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foster's Discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Newsarama interviews Craig about DI (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3563)

Lynnie 12-01-2008 03:23 PM

Newsarama interviews Craig about DI

I'm a little surprised no one has seen this yet. Or at least, no one's shared it yet.

Newsarama.com interviewed Craig last week about Destination Imagination, and it appears the interview was posted last Thursday. The person typing it up could have used a proof reader, but it's a very good interview, if I do say so. Craig tips his hat to Lauren, and shares some tidbits about Cartoonstitute as well. So here's some words spoken by the main man himself about our favorite show, along with his new projects coming up. :)

Newsarama Interview with Craig

taranchula 12-01-2008 05:39 PM

Great article, it's always to great to get those little bit of insights from the creators and people who work on the show. You know how a nugget of an idea becomes a full fledged episode and all that.

It's also great to see credit given where credit is due.

What's more it also answered a question of mine that's been rattling around in my head all day, I saw Ed Bakers name in the writing credits and I wonder what he contributed to the story and now I know.

Chaos Wielder 12-02-2008 03:48 PM

It's strange how he brings up the Muppet Show in the interview...'cause I was recently thinking of the Foster's characters as the new age Muppets! :o

Anyway, thanks for the link. Rather interesting read there. :)

lucyrocks73 12-02-2008 05:01 PM

Aww... Very nice interview from Craig.

-Marty :goo:

Lynnie 12-02-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos Wielder (Post 100679)
It's strange how he brings up the Muppet Show in the interview...'cause I was recently thinking of the Foster's characters as the new age Muppets! :o

Anyway, thanks for the link. Rather interesting read there. :)

You're welcome! :) I certainly enjoyed reading it. And both Craig and Lauren have talked about the Muppet Show before, and how it gave some inspiration to the show. Last summer at the Con Lauren was interviewed about her "Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls", and mentioned the Muppets again as a bit of an inspiration (among other things) for her Solar Sisterhood, too. It sounds like they were both great fans. I remember watching it too when I was young. Not only was it funny, the guest stars were great. :bloogrin:

Carlaz 12-02-2008 07:23 PM

Thanks for posting the link to the interview Lynnie. Very interesting. :craig:

Chaos Wielder 12-02-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie (Post 100692)
You're welcome! :) I certainly enjoyed reading it. And both Craig and Lauren have talked about the Muppet Show before, and how it gave some inspiration to the show. Last summer at the Con Lauren was interviewed about her "Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls", and mentioned the Muppets again as a bit of an inspiration (among other things) for her Solar Sisterhood, too. It sounds like they were both great fans. I remember watching it too when I was young. Not only was it funny, the guest stars were great. :bloogrin:

I was a bit too young to get to enjoy the original Muppets show when it aired (born just a BIT too late), but I did see re-runs sometimes. Plus, I grew up with Muppets Tonight, so... ;)

But yes, it's a very cute show. I was actually watching vids on youtube the other day and I still laugh at them even at 22! XD

emperor26 12-02-2008 07:53 PM

Great article from newsrama, and good credit for Lauren Faust and those who have worked with Craig.

Interesting tidbits on Cartoonstitute; can't wait to see that when it airs. :)

Lynnie 01-20-2009 11:25 PM

Newsarama posted the second part of that interview about PPG today. It doesn't include as much info about Foster's as we'd like, but it's still a good interview, with more fun tid bits about Cartoonstitute. And it sounds like Craig and Co. are open to a possibility of getting back together to make a Foster's special after the show officially ends.
Quote:

NRAMA: I’d be remiss if I didn’t ask you. How are things at Foster’s?

CM: There are five episodes that we have completed episodes on. I believe they are planning some sort of marathon, where they will air those.

NRAMA: So is Foster’s kind of ending its run, too?

CM: Well, we’ve kind of ended production on it for now. Like Powerpuff, there’s always the potential to make more specials.
Specials, as in plural? :D Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. That would be wonderful if it happens, although there's no need for me to express that because I'm sure you all agree. ;)

Source: Newsarama

Cassini90125 01-20-2009 11:45 PM

A marathon? Interesting way to show the final five. I'd have expected CN to spread them out a little.

pitbulllady 01-21-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 104069)
A marathon? Interesting way to show the final five. I'd have expected CN to spread them out a little.

Yeah, me too, Cass. Needless to say, I will be very disappointed if CN decides to air this marathon on a weekday, when I'm at work. Sure, I've got a VCR, but it's getting tougher finding tapes, and it's not the same as seeing it first-run.

pitbulllady

Cassini90125 01-21-2009 06:20 AM

It'd be terrible if you had to call in "sick" that day. :slybendy:

taranchula 01-21-2009 06:45 AM

Specials eh?

Oh good well at least this tells me, that Foster's isn't going to end so definitively that they wouldn't be able to revisit the characters at all.

Those are the kind of endings I like the best, a sense of finality but with enough openness to pick up things again later down the road.

Now the only burning unanswered question is... Where are the rest of the DVD sets?

Hopefully the select few in the Turner hierarchy who have the power to make it so, will have a answer for us all in the near future. (Either the remaining individual seasons, or another mega set similar to the recent PPG release. Either one would be fine I'm not picky.)

Mac-a-lacka 01-21-2009 09:55 AM

Ooh, specials, you say? :bloogrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by taranchula (Post 104087)
Now the only burning unanswered question is... Where are the rest of the DVD sets?

(Shrugs) Who knows? :sadbendy:

Shelltoon 01-21-2009 04:13 PM

Seeing "Room for specials" leads me to believe that "Goodbye to Bloo" is just a simple title and not meant to close the show for good. The specials would probably be like the PPG special as in the cast and crew getting back together saying "let's make another episode like we never missed a day."

antgirl1 01-21-2009 05:49 PM

Yay specials! :D

Another Castle 10-28-2009 09:36 AM

Specials you say?

When I heard the final episode would be called Goodbye to Bloo, I thought it was going to be a tragic finale and would involve Mac leaving Bloo (Indeed, the oh-so-reliable Wikipedia stated Mac would be 18 and moving on). I didn't know whether to believe this or not, but I didn't like the sound of it (but as much as I love that site, I've learn not to believe it all the time). It sounded like a depressing way to end the series.

The final five aired on Cartoon Network USA on the 3rd of May this year (my 19th birthday!). Obliviously for me on a channel I don't have in a continent I don't live in. Whilst I haven't seen it yet (I'm going to save that until I have seen all the others!), I have since read the synopsis, and I know it has a happy ending! However, I'm in no rush to watch all the rest, as I don't want to run out of a good thing!

Whilst I understand why they have decided to end the seasons, I am happy to see that there will always be potential for specials! This way, there is less risk of the show just outstaying its welcome and going down hill (like the Fairly Odd Parents, which was great when it started but now struggles to stay fresh, not to change the subject).

However, not to be pessimistic, but specials can also be risky- asides from having to reunited the cast, there may be a pressure to live up to everyone's expectations- What do you think?

Lynnie 10-28-2009 06:48 PM

There's always the pressure to live up to the fans' expectations, in every show ever produced for more than one season. The Foster's crew are good at pleasing the fans as well as delightfully surprising them. Granted, if/when they come up with any specials, they won't have all the same people working on it, and over time, even the personalities of those who have worked on it for years can change a bit, so their work on it is different than it was when the show was still airing. It's just a part of human life. So it likely won't have the same feel as the episodes we're familiar with now. But that doesn't mean it won't be good.

The chance of a future special or two is still uncertain, and likely a few years away. But I'd love to see what they come up with if they decide to do such a thing, no matter what the result. I'm just happy Craig is open to the possibility. :D

Another Castle 11-22-2009 01:14 AM

Not to drift too much off topic (I didn't feel it was necessary to start a new thread about it)- but what is Craig's latest project nowadays? I was reading the ever-reliable Wikipedia the other day which said "After fifteen years of employment, he has left his job at Cartoon Network, after its focus switched to reality programming."
I read he was involved in something called Cartoonstitute, but that was canceled.

KazooBloo 12-06-2016 10:19 PM

Thanks for the read.