Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Game Room (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Foster's: Imagination Invaders videogame for Nintendo DS - coming November (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2194)

Ditchy McAbandonpants 06-27-2007 06:49 PM

Foster's: Imagination Invaders videogame for Nintendo DS - coming November

Man, I am one busy little bee of late,but I thought I'd hop along briefly and share this semi-interesting tidbit I found on IGN. Aren't I good to you? :P

In short, it seems that Bloo and co. are going interactive on Nintendo handhelds again, following on from last year's Game Boy Advance title Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, from Crave Entertainment. This November, however, it's the snazzier, more fashionable Nintendo DS getting a piece of the Foster's lovin', courtesy this time of publishers Midway.

Here's the very brief blurb from the IGN news article:

Quote:

Master Blooregard Q. Kazoo hits the Nintendo DS in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: Imagination Invaders. New space aliens have been imagined and have taken Madam Foster hostage in search of the The Greatest Thing in the Universe, and you, as Bloo, must rescue her.
Sounds to me like the plot of the game is based loosely on that of the episode "Make Believe It Or Not"...well, that's about all we know for now, so discuss, I guess. Licenced games do have a tendency of sucking, particularly when they're based on kids' shows, and the Foster's GBA game was no exception from most accounts; still, I suppose it's encouraging that this new title is being produced by a slightly more upmarket publisher, and on a beefier machine. I'm not holding my breath or anything, but who knows? Maybe it'll be at least diverting. :frankiesmile:

Sparky 06-27-2007 06:51 PM

Thanks for the info. I'd like to see a Foster's game for a non-handheld, myself but whatever. Of course, I don't have a Nintendo DS...

WiltFan 06-27-2007 06:57 PM

Sounds like an awesome video game. I can't wait!:D

Cassini90125 06-28-2007 12:21 AM

Let me know when it's available for PC.

Bloo2daMacs 06-28-2007 06:28 AM

OH MY GOOD GOLLY GOSH!!

I've SO gotta get it, and I'll enjoy it even if it ain't fun.

Wait, that does't make any sense....

Foster's Geek 287 06-28-2007 09:10 AM

I wanna PC game. :jk:
Oh well. It looks like a "Cheese a Go Go"/"Make Believe it or Not"
Type thing.

taranchula 06-28-2007 12:09 PM

Well Midway did do a half decent job on another game based on a Cartoon Network property, that being The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, so hopefully this new Foster's game will fall into the same category.

Once we get a look at some pictures of the early build of the game we'll have a better idea of what to expect.

antgirl1 06-28-2007 02:27 PM

All glory to the Gamecube! :D

Sorry, I just had to throw that out there.

CG 07-16-2007 03:15 AM

Fosters on Nintendo DS

Foster?s Home for Imaginary Friends: Imagination Invaders

The episode of 'Make Believe it or Not' is transformed into a Nintendo DS Game. Goo's Space Nut Boogies return (arrive first time? eh) in the house and you have to find the greatest thing in the universe.

Seems cute. I won't buy it, since who knows when they'll release it in Australia. Have any of you guys seen/heard of it yet?

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere in other gaming boards. I just felt it deserved it's own place.

ptps 07-16-2007 05:06 AM

Well, as long as it doesn't suck like it did when Foster's got released for the GBA, I'm cool. :) First time I've heard of this.