Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Episode Discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Episode Discussion: One False Movie (2/10/2006) (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402)

taranchula 09-20-2006 07:13 PM

Episode Discussion: One False Movie (2/10/2006)

"If I don't make it out of here alive, tell my little boy....I love 'em"

A brilliant send up of Hollywood block-busters (And Children?s Programming) that still remains in my mind, one of the best episodes of the series' third season.

As a self proclaimed movie buff I can tell you right now the final act of the episode had me in so much hysterics that I thought I was going to wake up the entire neighborhood with my laughter (The first time I saw this episode it was late at night, and well worth staying up to see.)

pitbulllady 09-21-2006 02:32 AM

This still remains my favorite episode of all time, for its brilliant writing and randomness, as well as the best-looking leading man I've seen in a long, long time! It was simply perfect satire.

pitbulllady

Voxxyn 09-21-2006 03:14 AM

A solid episode, and some of the parodies were hilarious... BUT...

I'm sorry, but if there ever was an episode that truly made me want to punch Bloo, it's this one. Him being a shameless jerk is funny, but he went a little too far even by his standards, and even though it was partially his fault, I felt terrible for Mac. It got to the point that I was almost cheering when Eduardo hijacks the film at the end.

Also, one thing I love about this show is that it's an American children's cartoon that DOESN'T use bathroom stuff for the basis of it's humor. Unfortunately, this episode was an exception, and I can't admire that at all. And it's made even worse by the fact that the only appearance of my favorite character in this episode had to be during the replaying of that video.

But, again, there are some really funny moments. "Lauren is Exploring" is awesome.

billytheskink 09-21-2006 08:31 AM

Voxxyn, I thought the joke was that everyone in the show thought flatulance was so darn funny (the school principal, Mr. Herriman, folks you wouldn't expect to find it funny), not that the bathroom humor itself was.
I guess that's still bathroom-based, but from a different angle. I thought that was kinda funny.

Lauren is Explorin' is the 2nd funniest thing I've ever seen on the show.

Scribble 09-21-2006 11:02 AM

"Red, red, red! Things are red!"

Hahaha, I always find myself making fun of Dora the Explorer (even though I know it's for little kids), so Lauren was pretty darn funny to me.8D
Although it tends to be one of the episodes that comes up rather frequently at the moment where I live, it's still a great episode. It also gave rise to Werewilt, who I still have to attempt to draw.

I don't often like toilet humour (or anything related) either, but I still ended up laughing anyway. XD I guess I don't mind it in moderation.

Imaginary Light 09-21-2006 11:22 AM

I love this episode. My favorite part is when they showed the movie at the end. It was just so random and funny and...I loved it:D

Matchsticks 09-21-2006 06:44 PM

I liked it because I am also a really big movie buff and loved all the parodies in it. Though what made me laugh the most is that in another episode of Foster's (I forgot which one...) It shows Jackie Khones watching 'T-Rexatron III Alien Wolfhound, A Prequel In Time: The Unrelenting'

scary_dream 09-22-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitbulllady (Post 6859)
This still remains my favorite episode of all time, for its brilliant writing and randomness, as well as the best-looking leading man I've seen in a long, long time! It was simply perfect satire.

:D Agreed!

I also love how Bloo managed to squeeze SO many movie cliches into one film!

Kzinistzerg 09-22-2006 11:08 AM

This was an interetsing episode. I don't think it was the funniest, but that movie at the end is a conglomeration of all of the most cliche'd movie parts.. and I LOVE IT.

Partymember 12-09-2006 08:00 PM

Explorin' Lauren's creator looked a lot like Craig from what i remember of his appearance, does anyone know if he was the director at the Explorin' Lauren studio? It sounded like hs voice, too, although i might have just been spacing out there. I think it was him, it was funny, regardless. Eduardo has a "pooting" problem.

When the show came back on from a commercial and Explorin' Lauren was on, i thought i had changed the channel accidentally!