Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Entertainment (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Simpsons Movie (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1550)

emperor26 03-06-2007 07:00 PM

The Simpsons Movie

Anyone in the forum going to see the upcoming full-length feature film based on the successful animated sitcom?

I, for one, knows that this movie has to be successful, and to some extent, even revive some interest in traditional animation.

In general, I'm looking forward to this film when it comes out.:D

CG 03-06-2007 07:51 PM

Not me. I couldn't care less about the Simpsons now.

And that's my two cents.

Voxxyn 03-07-2007 07:39 AM

I know I'll see it for sure, no matter how much I'm displeased by the show's current state.

It's being written by a supergroup of writers from the show's prime. And I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I've read lots of praise from people who believe the show's quality has declined. Those are some good signs.

Kale 03-08-2007 02:11 PM

I'm not that bothered, but I'll probably end up watching it because my dad's quite a fan of The Simpsons, but I'm more of a Futurama gal. :P

Isn't the movie the finale of the whole show? That's what I heard, but if it's not then just ignore me.

emperor26 03-08-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kale (Post 36269)
I'm not that bothered, but I'll probably end up watching it because my dad's quite a fan of The Simpsons, but I'm more of a Futurama gal. :P

Isn't the movie the finale of the whole show? That's what I heard, but if it's not then just ignore me.

According to Matt Groening and his team, he has confirmed that the show will not end once the movie airs.

jekylljuice 03-08-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voxxyn (Post 36092)
It's being written by a supergroup of writers from the show's prime. And I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I've read lots of praise from people who believe the show's quality has declined. Those are some good signs.

That?s reassuring to know, though whatever fondness I had for the Simpsons burnt out so long ago that I can?t force myself to feel even mildly excited about this film. I haven?t been happy with the show since Season 9, and I have a gloomy suspicion that this project is being churned out largely for the sake of it, rather than there being any pressing need to take things theatrical (there?s been talk of a Simpsons feature film since the early 90s, with the writers constantly expressing doubts of it ever taking off due to story development problems). I hope at the very least they can come up with a more imaginative title than ?the Simpsons Movie?.

I?ll wait to see what the reception?s like, but so far I have only one real incentive to see this film. The Simpsons? greatest contribution to the world, if you ask me, came in the form of their semi-regular villain Sideshow Bob (wow, what a showman). I?m pleased to see that Kelsey Grammer?s on the cast list.

Nyo 03-08-2007 03:58 PM

I'm totally seeing it.

Invader Bloo 03-08-2007 03:58 PM

I can't wait! I'm one of the few who do like teh new seasons, they're not as good 3-9, but they're OK, IMHO.

"C" the Dragon 03-10-2007 05:28 AM

My dad and I LOVE "The Simpsons" and are looking forward to the movie!:D

BlooCheese 03-11-2007 05:40 PM

I have been watching The Simpsons for as long as I can remember, so it's highly likely that I'll see the movie.