Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Entertainment (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Grindhouse (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1743)

emperor26 04-06-2007 04:38 PM

Grindhouse

Any opinion on this movie that came out this week?

To me, it looks okay, but since I have to do an important work for school, I might check it out when it comes on DVD.

Sparky 04-06-2007 06:06 PM

There is absolutely nothing inside me that screams COOL!!! at the image of a hot chick with a machine gun for a leg. So I have zero interest in this thing.

Partymember 04-06-2007 07:17 PM

yeah. Tarentino just manages to piss me off, i hate his flicks.

Ditchy McAbandonpants 04-06-2007 07:40 PM

For those of you who really don't like Tarantino, I recommend you try watching Jackie Brown...I feel it's a great Tarantino movie for people who don't normally like him. I mean, it's slow and talky, and not for everybody, but what I like about it is that it was just a disciplined, accomplished book adaptation, with very little of the stylistic idiosyncracies and quirks that I think irritate a lot of people about all of his other films. For me, it was the film that proved that Tarantino was actually a talented and versatile director, rather than a self-indulging film geek with a camera, which is what I think a lot of his critics had him pegged as.

As for Grindhouse, Tarantino-haters should bear in mind that it's actually two movies back-to-back, and the first one, Planet Terror, is actually directed by Robert Rodriguez (of Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Desperado, Sin City and uh, Spy Kids fame). If you're a a Rodriguez fan, maybe you can go and see the movie then leave after Planet Terror is over. :P

Personally, I think that most of the nostalgia factor of this project would be diluted by my total lack of exposure to 70s grindhouse cinema, but I do think it's conceptually pretty gutsy to release an exploitation double-feature in the middle of 2007. I think it would be worth my money to go just for that experience...shame I'm going to miss it, really...

Jabberwocky 04-06-2007 07:46 PM

HAHAHAHA, I heard about this, but I haven't actually seen a preview or anything for it.

COUP DE VENT!

Partymember 04-06-2007 08:19 PM

I've seen some just plain wierd stuff from the 70's. John Waters comes to mind, but ol' Quentin annoys me.

I'll give Jackie Brown a shot if i see it on, though.

emperor26 04-06-2007 08:34 PM

What's wrong with Quentin Tarintino?

He may have made a few flicks, but some of them, including Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction, are great.

Seriously, what's so bad about Tarintino?

derangedperson 04-07-2007 06:39 PM

(THERE'S SPOILERS IN THEM THAR POST!)

I think everyone's problem with Tarantino is that either his films are too talky and profane for most, or the fact that the guy looks and talks like a coked-up autistic in his interviews. I love dialogue in films, so I've never had any problems with QT.

Coincidentally, I just saw Grindhouse today, and it was a HOOT. Easily the most fun I've had at the movies since I saw Shaun Of The Dead. It's worth it to see Rosario Dawson and two other girls kick the crap out of Kurt Russell.

Partymember 04-07-2007 07:19 PM

meh, his flicks are just too over-the-top ridiculous for my tastes.

Mr. Marshmallow 04-07-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derangedperson (Post 39832)
Coincidentally, I just saw Grindhouse today, and it was a HOOT. Easily the most fun I've had at the movies since I saw Shaun Of The Dead. It's worth it to see Rosario Dawson and two other girls kick the crap out of Kurt Russell.

You might want to watch what you say because even though I too have seen the movie, I think you just give away a spoiler right there.