Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Episode Discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Destination Imagination" speculation and discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3521)

Cassini90125 11-13-2008 10:04 PM

"Destination Imagination" speculation and discussion

As the title says, this thread is for speculation and, in 13 days, discussion about Destination Imagination, the upcoming Foster's movie event. If you learn anything about the movie and want to pass that info along, this is the place to do so, and if I manage to record a commercial for the movie, you'll find a YouTube link and screencaps here as well. :)

What do we know so far? Very little. We have the movie's name and airdate but little more. The only information I know of concerning the plot is as follows:

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Radical Dude
The description TV Guide has reveals "Mac, Bloo, and the Foster's gang enter a strange imaginary world housed within a mysterious box after Frankie disappears inside it."

Full credit and my thanks to ORD for passing this along. :up: Hard to know what to make of this; at first glance it doesn't feel like a Foster's story to me. It kind of reminds me of the beginning of The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe to some extent, based on what I know of it (I never saw the movie or read the book). I'm pretty much drawing a blank at the moment. Any ideas, y'all? :)

taranchula 11-14-2008 07:45 AM

I am going to hold off saying or thinking too much about the plot of this movie until the full story is told from fade in: to fade out:, sure the plot sounds a little out there for a show that has established what can best described as a kind of "rubber band reality" in which a typical story fluctuates between cartoon and realistic at the drop of a hat. But there are ways to take a story like this and still keep it grounded in said reality, but as said before one cannot really make any kind of assumption until the finished product is viewed.

Because I've said it once, I'll say it a million times one of the best things I like about Foster's is that sometimes a storyline can keep you guessing as to what is going to happen right up until the very end, just when you think you know the answers they go and change the questions.

antgirl1 11-14-2008 02:51 PM

If that's for real, we're in for a heck of a ride, aren't we? :D

But as soon as I read the part where Cassini said "Hard to know what to make of this; at first glance it doesn't feel like a Foster's story to me.", I immediately thought "Wikipedia's at it again!", even though apparently it's not the case...?

...Maybe in this imaginary world, imaginary friends create humans! 8D

Lynnie 11-14-2008 04:42 PM

I was expecting to see the first ad last night during "Har Har Tharsdays", since that's when they usually first air ads for the next week. Granted, Thanksgiving isn't next week, but I was still hoping they'd start advertising it by now. ::) CN's being dumb. I hope Craig and Co. aren't offended at the lack of advertising, thus lack of "interest", CN is paying their once biggest rating grabber. Don't worry guys, we still love you! :bye1: <--that's waving "hi" btw, not "bye"

antgirl1 11-14-2008 07:21 PM

It's all as if CN is wanting us to think that Foster's never existed...

bloonuggets 11-14-2008 10:27 PM

I did a check on TVGuide.com and it will air November 27 at 8 PM ET/PT with a replay following.

antgirl1 11-15-2008 09:42 AM

So, it's back-to-back? Does that mean we'd see the movie for about two times in a row? Is that right?

Cassini90125 11-15-2008 11:42 AM

That's correct, assuming that TVGuide.com is correct.

antgirl1 11-15-2008 12:01 PM

Sweet! I love watching awesome stuff twice...it gives me a chance to review/recap and remember. :D

Cassini90125 11-15-2008 12:05 PM

There is still no mention of the movie anywhere on the CN site. One would think that they'd be the first to offer a little info or at least the airdate but apparently not. :P