Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foster's Discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Destination Imagination" gets Emmy nomination (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3894)

Ccook50 07-16-2009 04:59 AM

"Destination Imagination" gets Emmy nomination

The Emmy nominees for the past year have been announced, and the episode Destination Imagination has been nominated for Outstanding Animated Program, One Hour or More. It will go up against Spike TV's Afro Samurai: Resurrection.

In the Less Than One Hour category, American Dad ("Sixteen Hundred Candles"), Robot Chicken ("Robot Chicken: Star Wars, Episode II"), The Simpsons ("Gone, Maggie, Gone"), and South Park ("Margaritaville") got nominations.

All the nominees can be seen here (PDF file.) The Emmys for the animated shows are handed out some two weeks or so ahead of the main show in the Creative Arts division.

cartman414 07-16-2009 08:21 AM

Yes! The competition is a lot narrower this time around. (Interestingly enough, Grey DeLisle was also in Afro Samurai: Resurrection.)

I'm also pleased to see 30 Rock get so many nominations once again. I hope NBC feels stupid for putting it on three-month hiatus for the new season.

Major Abbey 07-16-2009 11:50 AM

Glad to see Fosters getting a nomination. I'm not so keen on the Simpsons episode they chose, though (I'm a Simpsons fan, and I really didn't like that one).

Bloo4Ever 07-16-2009 12:39 PM

I admit, Afro Samurai: Resurrection was amazing, but it didn't have enough feeling as Destination Imagination, so Foster's FTW! :bloogrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Abbey (Post 113860)
I'm not so keen on the Simpsons episode they chose, though (I'm a Simpsons fan, and I really didn't like that one).

That episode was the best one of Season 20! I really hope it wins actually . But I'm surprised the South Park episode 'About Last Night...' didn't get nominated :terrconf:

Anyways, here's hoping Foster's can add another Emmy to it's collection one last time.

Cassini90125 07-16-2009 12:41 PM

I want this so bad. No episode or movie deserves it more. Here's hoping. :frankiesmile:

Major Abbey 07-16-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloo4Ever (Post 113864)

That episode was the best one of Season 20! I really hope it wins actually . But I'm surprised the South Park episode 'About Last Night...' didn't get nominated :terrconf:

I'm going to have to disagree with you there; I thought it was really, really overrated. Personally I thought "Eeny, Teeny, Maya, Moe" was better.

frankie_fan 07-16-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 113865)
I want this so bad. No episode or movie deserves it more. Here's hoping. :frankiesmile:

I couldn't agree more! In fact, I'll go so far to make my predictions now 8D:

Outstanding Animated Program, One Hour or More: Destination Imagination!

Outstanding Animated Program, Less Than One Hour: Robot Chicken!

Lynnie 07-16-2009 02:39 PM

Aaaaahh!!! This is just way too awesome! Go Foster's, GO!! :yeah:

Another Simpsons nomination? Not that I hate the show, but they've got enough already. When will those guys give it a rest? ::)

Howard 07-16-2009 08:51 PM

It is time for that show to retire!

cartman414 07-16-2009 10:56 PM

I'm more disappointed that it was Family Guy that was the first animated series since the Flinstones to get a Best Comedy nomination. Family Guy is just lucky to have been around at the right time, and have the most buzz around it.