Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Entertainment (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Cartoon Network upfronts 2009 (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3739)

taranchula 03-27-2009 08:00 AM

Cartoon Network upfronts 2009

And you thought last year was depressing....:(

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...Off_Script.php

Yep the good folks at Turner have officially announced the new direction for CN which with due to the shifting winds of popular youth culture will mean more live action and reality shows thus effectively destroying the whole notion of a "Cartoon Network"

Oh well it isn't all gloom and doom the new Genndy Tartakovsky show looks promising and I am glad to see Adventure Time finally get picked up by somebody.

But other then that everything else gets a big fat pass from me.

(BTW I know hailing from Canada I should be the last person to talk about the going ons of a station I don't get, but a lot of these shows will more then likely make their way to Canada one way or another, so it is of some interest from me.)

Cassini90125 03-27-2009 08:16 AM

On the plus side, there's a new Scooby-Doo series in the works; with any luck, Grey Delisle will get the call to do the voice work for Daphne again. :frankiesmile:

On the minus side is everything else. Or, as a certain famous cartoon character from MTV might put it, "This sucks!" :P

The channel hardly deserves the name "Cartoon Network" anymore. ::)

Subzeroace 03-27-2009 11:11 AM

Well, at least I like Ben 10 =\

Lynnie 03-27-2009 11:30 AM

Live action is one thing, but reality shows and even a game show??? Now that's disgusting. It's only a matter of time before they change their name. Has anyone else seen the demos for the new logo? I'll have to try to find them again so I can share.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as soon as Chowder is no longer airing, I have no plans to watch CN anymore. Bleh. :P

Nathander 04-01-2009 10:13 AM

Cartoon Network? More like Childrens Network, hyuk hyuk hyuk! :gooblab:

But no, it really bothers me that they apparently think a station initially aimed for animation should be changed to include live action. It seems like there are incredibly few fronts for western animation to air anymore.

CrazyPhil 04-01-2009 04:30 PM

Yes, I've heard about this too and to be honest I couldn't believe it when I first read it. Cartoon Network is becoming the next MTV! Well, once the final episodes of Fosters have aired I'm not gonna really care about CN anymore anyway. While I think that 6Teen, Total Drama Island and Chowder are all good shows, I still don't watch them regularly mainly because I'm doing other things. I've said this before; if Cartoon Network wants to restore itself, then bring back the older stuff like Dexter's lab, Looney Toons and show Tom and Jerry more frequently. Yes, I know there's Boomerang, but I still don't feel like paying extra for something that should be on the main network. Oh, and start showing Ed, Edd and Eddy and Fosters again. Just because they've finished doesn't mean they have to stop airing them completely! Oh well, if they go under then they only have themselves to blame, but it's really no skin off my nose.

One Radical Dude 04-01-2009 06:38 PM

I had hoped CN would stop with all the live action crap. It doesn't look like it. Thumbs down from me.

Invader Bloo 04-04-2009 12:39 PM

It looks like I'll only watch this channel for Chowder, Flapjack, Batman & Star Wars.

Cassini90125 04-04-2009 05:34 PM

I may tune in for an occasional movie but that'll be it. For me, the network really doesn't seem to have anything else to offer. :bloosad:

Invader Bloo 04-04-2009 06:34 PM

Like all of TV. This is why I like movies (except from Fox aka the Company that destroys comic book characters), the internet & video games.