Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dear Sparky (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2514)

Sparky 09-11-2007 06:50 PM

Dear Sparky

I get so many amusing/frustrating emails from people about Foster's that I thought it was time I started a thread where I can post them so everyone can point and laugh and/or weep for humanity.

Let's start with one I just got this evening: Someone actually sent me an email to tell me there were new eps all this week. They thought I should know so I could get screengrabs. Because despite the fact that I run what is (not to blow my own horn, its simply a fact afaik) the world's biggest Foster's fansite *and* forum, there was a possibility that I didn't know about the new eps, and God Forbid I not get the screencaps done right away omg!!

That person can wait for screengrabs just like everyone else. -_-

Shelltoon 09-11-2007 06:57 PM

I hope I'm allowed to post in here. It could be worse, he could have asked for download links.

Sparky 09-11-2007 07:08 PM

You guys can post comments yeah...

I got one recently from a guy who acted like since I owned the Season One DVDs and *hadn't* ripped them and uploaded the actual DVD files that I was being selfish and/or lazy.

Shelltoon 09-11-2007 07:47 PM

Tell them that if they honestly love the show, they'll support Craig and CN by buying the DVD.

antgirl1 09-11-2007 08:01 PM

People are so stupid sometimes.

Lynnie 09-11-2007 08:54 PM

I second Antgirl's reply. I have a hard time understanding how people can actually forget that they're not the only one's with lives, and feelings, and memories, and people that love them, and people they love, and jobs, and schedules to keep... I can go on, but no need to. Yo dude, you're not the center of the universe any more than every other person on the planet is!

This also reminds me of some of the comments left for Craig at his blog after he quit posting for a while. C'mon people! He's got a life, and he's VERY BUSY!! Give him a break! As fun as they are, even for those of us who are sensitive to the goings on in his life, there are more important things than humoring us with blog posts. Sheesh! :jk:

Sparky 09-11-2007 10:56 PM

That's why I gave up on having a guest book. People were just using it to demand that I post things on the site. Apparently most people prefer to use webforms to make requests than to just send an email; people keep using the forum's contact form to try and wheedle stuff out of me. Which makes it hard to reply when they don't actually give me their email addy...

Sparky 09-19-2007 10:45 PM

Of course not all emails I get regarding my site are negative..I just got an email from show writer Chuck Klein, who wrote/boarded Seeing Red, and I was able to tell him how that was the episode that made me a fan. ;D

Ub3rD4n 09-19-2007 10:59 PM

Wow, that's awesome! Tell him for me, too! In fact, perhaps you should make a list.....

One Radical Dude 09-19-2007 11:04 PM

That's awesome, chief! It's nice to have a positive email for a change! :)