Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Supporting Cast (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bendy (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201)

Cassini90125 08-26-2006 06:56 AM

Bendy

I like Bendy. Why not? He looks like one of those innocent Dr. Seuss characters, behaves badly and gets away with it, and drives Bloo up a wall. Sounds like fun to me.

Frankie: "Bloo! You flooded the house!"
Bloo: "Yeah, but Bendy took a cookie!"

Still one of my favorite exchanges from the series. I doubt we'll ever see the little menace again, but I'd love it if they'd bring him back once or twice. :)

Scribble 08-26-2006 07:12 AM

Actually, I really didn't like Bendy... I don't think it was really the fact he was a troublemaker (I mean I like Bloo how ever much trouble he causes) but there was something about him that just really got on my nerves. And I hated the way the other friends were always framed by him... I guess it was more the storyline than the character. I did like his character design though.:)

billytheskink 08-26-2006 08:43 AM

Well, you are supposed to love to hate Bendy, at least that seemed like what the writers were going for.

He was nicely designed, but I just couldn't find his mean spirit very entertaining. Except for his hijacking of the intercom, that was hilarious.

Voxxyn 08-26-2006 10:22 AM

I know Bendy and EKIB are the bane of many Foster's fans... but, honestly, I can't hate it, if only because the intercom bit remains one of the series' very best moments. Frankie being deeply hurt and saddened as she said "I'm punk rock..." is just adorable.

Bendy is a good antagonist character. He's the kind you love to hate, instead of just hating him.

rukift 08-26-2006 10:25 AM

I should just go ahead and say this right now, I love Bendy. :D His episode not so much, it was a little repetative. But the character? Yeah, he's just so cool. He's one of the many one-shots who I can't stop thinking about why he acts the way he does, my theory there being that he was you know, just sort of born that way like "Frank, Joe, and Phil" were. I don't think he went through anything traumatic, like Wilt or possibly Berry. He's just always been a little brat. :P

Imaginary Light 08-26-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribble (Post 2526)
Actually, I really didn't like Bendy... I don't think it was really the fact he was a troublemaker (I mean I like Bloo how ever much trouble he causes) but there was something about him that just really got on my nerves. And I hated the way the other friends were always framed by him... I guess it was more the storyline than the character. I did like his character design though.:)

You and me both. There was just something about his character (can't quite place my finger on it) that I just didn't like. He was just kind of annoying.

scary_dream 08-29-2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginary Light (Post 2595)
You and me both. There was just something about his character (can't quite place my finger on it) that I just didn't like. He was just kind of annoying.

His voice was really what irritated me... he was just so whiny! I think what also irritated me was the way everyone FELL FOR IT! Although I DID think it was a little comical whenever he got Wilt in trouble by putting muddy sneaker prints everywhere lol... they were all the way on the ceiling!! The humor comes in how obvious it was that it WASN'T Wilt.

kaytea 09-05-2006 11:05 PM

I liked bendy I thought he was pretty cool and had a great design

but whatever happen to him? was he adopted kicked out caus they found out what he was doing or is he still roaming the house causing havoc?

the second one I kinda doubt caus of the the fosters code.

rukift 09-08-2006 01:35 PM

I'd like to think that over time, he changed and went out to set things right with his first kid... but that is sooo unlikely. :P He's probably still roaming around and getting into trouble.

Voxxyn 09-08-2006 02:56 PM

More like getting others in trouble :blooevil:

Just imagine a Bendy/Goofball team-up...