Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Things That Made Your Day (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3310)

AerostarMonk 06-18-2008 12:05 PM

Things That Made Your Day

Sometimes there are little things that get you through the day. Things that have just this special little something that makes all of life seem worthwhile. It happens to everyone and when it does they usually can't help but smile. Not just that time, but every time that little thing comes to mind. Well, I'd like to ask what kind of things have made your day either in the past or very recently. You never know your little thing might make someone else's day.

I guess I'll start first. I was on the bus yesterday and I saw a very pretty woman. She was quite striking and I felt compelled to tell her so. Unfortunately for me I'm usually quite shy, I also have a rather odd appearance, in my opinion, that makes even the smallest conversation awkward. But this day was different, before she exited the bus I made a point to stand up to her and say that I thought she looked rather attractive. To my surprise instead of getting a condescending look or a look that screamed, "Get away creep!" I got a sincere smile. She then spoke the words, "Thank you." It seems I made her day as well.

Well, that's me, what have you guys got to say?

Lynnie 06-18-2008 07:38 PM

What a nice thread! :)

I will always remember the day when I saw a guy who was wearing what I thought was an awesome tee shirt. I approached him and told him how much I liked his shirt and we started talking about it for a few minutes. Before he went on his way, he said "Hey, this is a bit small on me anyway. You want it?" And before I could stammer out the words "Oh... no no, there's no need for you to...!", this total stranger took his shirt off (he had an undershirt on underneath) and handed it to me. I told him he didn't have to do that, but he insisted I take it. So I did, quite embarrassed over the whole ordeal. But it made my day for sure. It was so sweet, and so cool, and I've loved that tee shirt ever since (it is an awesome shirt!) :D

Sparky 06-18-2008 07:49 PM

The other day I actually figured out how to run an sql database dump from a ssh command line, so I can back up our forum now that it's gotten too big to back up through the admin cp. That made my day, as I was sure I'd never be smart enough to figure it out...

taranchula 06-18-2008 08:53 PM

Today a co-worker gave me a ride home, so I didn't have to stand around waiting for the bus in the pouring rain. That was rather nice indeed.

Ridureyu 06-18-2008 08:57 PM

My mom taking time out to tell me that she never believed she'd have a son as kind and thoughtful as me.

I don't really consider myself to be kind and thoughtful, I kind of think that I can be a whiny, selfish ass at times, but that really did make my day. Week. Month. Year. I love my mom so much

fosters home fan 06-18-2008 09:28 PM

Two of our local warning sirens breaking down... yuh. That made my WEEK.

Also, my keyboard breaking. -__- -__-

Mac-a-lacka 06-18-2008 10:35 PM

The day I became an uncle. 3/14/08. :)

WiltsAKGirl17 06-19-2008 02:23 AM

~ Finally finishing a long, thought-out review of a fanfic. I felt very accomplished when I finished and submitted it without letting a "WTH were you thinking when you wrote this?!" comment slip out. (It was a low-caliber fic, and that's putting it mildly.)

~ Getting some more written on my Foster's fanfic series. Someone's been stuck in the middle of a monologue for about two weeks now, so moving forward through said monologue made me feel so much better.

~ Successfully closing SubWay tonight, especially since it was my first time doing it.

~ Getting a warm graduation card from my friend's family. It was a very nice card, and it gave me the warm fuzzies.

That's all I got for now. This is certainly a very happy thread; good idea, AerostarMonk! :)

Medikor 06-19-2008 02:49 PM

Seeing the trailers and advertisements for the upcoming Wall-E movie made my day a week ago or so. I was smiling for the rest of the day.:D

Pawbah 06-20-2008 12:49 AM

A couple weeks back I was having a totally lousy day at work... and then one of my coworkers bought my a chocolate chip cookie out of the blue. Never underestimate the power of chocolate chip cookies.