Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foster's Discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fosters is for adults too!!!!! (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3742)

WiltGirl 03-31-2009 11:40 AM

Fosters is for adults too!!!!!

I'm sure i'm not the only one who gets stick for loving cartoons, but now i can rant about how unfair it is to say 'cartoons are just for kids' ::) hopefully to people with same issue!!!!!!

does any one else have issues with others going on about it? If people didnt want older people to watch cartoons they shouldnt have made them so DAMN BRILLANT!!!! :D

Natty 03-31-2009 11:44 AM

Cartoons often contain jokes that only adults understand, thus cartoons are not just for kids indeed :P

Lynnie 03-31-2009 01:26 PM

My manager at work teases me sometimes for liking cartoons. On the rare occurrence she sees me wearing one of my Foster's t-shirts, she always has to make some kind of remark about it. My dad isn't entirely understanding about my liking cartoons, either. I just keep trying to remind him that animation is a form of art, and the shows aren't produced and put together by kids. No, all the work is done by adults! Adults who, like me, enjoy animation so much, they got jobs working in the industry. :)

pitbulllady 03-31-2009 02:14 PM

Oddly enough, I seldom catch any flack from other adults for liking animation, but from KIDS. I guess that the more immature someone is, the more intolerant and narrow-minded they are. Now, I know that all teens aren't immature; some of them seriously outrank many adults when it comes to sound, intelligent and logical thoughts, but like I said, the people I've encountered, whether in person or on the 'net, who are most agitated by the notion of an adult watching animation other than Anime or prime time stuff that they consider "adult", are kids.

pitbulllady

Kr8fn21 04-01-2009 05:22 AM

Yeah just because it's aimmed at kids doesn't mean adults can't enjoy it too :)

WiltGirl 04-01-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie (Post 107965)
My manager at work teases me sometimes for liking cartoons. On the rare occurrence she sees me wearing one of my Foster's t-shirts, she always has to make some kind of remark about it. My dad isn't entirely understanding about my liking cartoons, either. I just keep trying to remind him that animation is a form of art, and the shows aren't produced and put together by kids. No, all the work is done by adults! Adults who, like me, enjoy animation so much, they got jobs working in the industry. :)

Where can you get fosters t-shirts??????!!!!!!!!! :D

WG

jekylljuice 04-01-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiltGirl (Post 108005)
Where can you get fosters t-shirts??????!!!!!!!!! :D

WG

They used to sell quite an extensive range (extensive in terms of quantity, though not necessarily in diversity) at Hot Topic. Recently, Hot Topic appears to have been phasing out their Foster's line (with the show itself drawing to a close, it kind of figures), though you can still find a few upon the website if you do a search.

Natty 04-04-2009 02:29 AM

To get back on the cartoons-are-for-adults-too, does anyone remember the episode of Rocko's Modern Life in which Rocko is working at a call centre?

> Ooh baby ooh baby ooh baby
< ... Rocko?!
> ... Mrs. Bighead?!

Subzeroace 04-04-2009 07:44 PM

Ack... My parents tell me I'm too old for them all the time D= They have the same ideas about action figures/models too.

WiltGirl 04-05-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subzeroace (Post 108182)
Ack... My parents tell me I'm too old for them all the time D= They have the same ideas about action figures/models too.

:wiltshock: action figures rule! i got loads of tmnt ones. (cant find any fhfif, any one no where in britain they might be sold????)

WG