Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Things you like/hate about cartoons (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231)

Tonya 01-07-2007 02:53 PM

Things you like/hate about cartoons

What do you like or hate about them?
I like toons because they make you laugh :)! I can't think of anything that I hate about cartoons, exept for that some of them are quite violent now these days :(. I don't like violence....

Cassini90125 01-07-2007 03:02 PM

I don't like the increasing use of "gross-out" humor in a lot of the newer cartoons. It isn't necessary; look at Foster's, to take the obvious example. The show is funny and it doesn't rely on bodily functions for it's humor.

Medikor 01-07-2007 06:37 PM

I don't mind some violance in my cartoons but I can't handle bloodbaths and swearing just for the sake of swearing. The most violant cartoon I watch is Full Metal Alchemist but that show is very intellagent and heartwarming. The crudest cartoon I watch is The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy but that show has its momants and I can't get enough of Grey Delisle!
I'm very displeased with the direction that animated sitcoms like The Simpsons are takeing - drop the substance and love for the rude, crude and blood.:(

Jabberwocky 01-07-2007 06:43 PM

I hate when the animators get lazy and pan the image to make it look like a character is moving. Yaaa! I can run and jump with my limbs perfectly stiillllll!

Imaginary Light 01-08-2007 12:07 PM

I can't stand it when cartoons rely on toilet humor 95% of the time. Those shows should take a page from Craig McCracken's book and make a quality cartoon.

some guy you dont know 01-08-2007 02:44 PM

love cartoons. for the following reasons:

*theyre funny. no explaniation here.

*there usually unrealistic. i dont like realism in tv. i watch it for the reason alone that its not realistic.

*other stuff i cant think of right now.

why i dont like em:

*cant think of any reason why not right now. i dont have a problem with the violence, since thats more or less what ive grown up on anyways. OH YEAH, NOW I GOT ONE! the toilet humor. a little may be funny, but seriously not much more than maybe 6% of the show.

Howard 01-08-2007 03:00 PM

Reality is funny enough without the bodily functions to use in a cartoon!:frankiesmile:

scary_dream 01-08-2007 07:30 PM

I love cartoons because they're a great escape, among other reasons. I agree with everyone here, though, that the increase in toilet humor has been a detriment to many cartoons. I think if a cartoon uses nonstop jokes like that, they're SEVERELY cutting their audience to like, a third of what it could have been. It's like they're shooting themselves in the feet.

I like anime for the stories the various shows tell, but I don't like that a lot of the girls are drawn to fit teenage boys' fantasies - large breasts, tiny waists, long legs, and skimpy, skimpy clothes. I'm not just saying this because I'm a girl, either, because the anime guys ARE drawn muscular and handsome, but that's to be expected if they're going to be a hero - they fit into the "hero" persona. Plus, a real guy looking muscular like an anime guy is actually POSSIBLE. Most real girls will never be 5'9" with DD breasts and a 20" waist. SO unrealistic.

fosters home fan 01-08-2007 07:46 PM

likes: pretty much everything! Like I enjoy seeing blue blobs and robots that dress up like a dog!8D

dislikes:bad animation and toilet humor!Bleh It's just gross:jk:

kageri 01-08-2007 08:38 PM

The thing I hate most about the toilet humor thing is that the creators themselves are perpetuating the stereotypes of cartoons in general. Come on, guys! You make cartoons! Don't you want people to respect them?