Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foster's Discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm a hot toe picker! (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=901)

I_Like_Chocolate_Milk 11-28-2006 11:37 AM

I'm a hot toe picker!

I'm sure everyone here has seen the little "shorts" between commercials and shows such as "random clam" "i pooted" and the new one... "hot toe picker" featuring Bloo (:bloogrin) which the latter is the focus of my topic. Lets think about this for a bit.

you see the word "hot" + a toe + a mining pick

(Hot toe pick)

say it fast now....what does this sound like?

In my opinion this particular short is advertisement for new FHFIF T-shirts at "hot toe pick" (hot topic) that I've seen popping up lately at the local mall.

can anyone else think of a better explaination?

The bloo 11-28-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_Like_Chocolate_Milk (Post 18922)
I'm sure everyone here has seen the little "shorts" between commercials and shows such as "random clam" "i pooted" and the new one... "hot toe picker" featuring Bloo (:bloogrin) which the latter is the focus of my topic. Lets think about this for a bit.

(Hot toe pick)

In my opinion this particular short is advertisement for new FHFIF T-shirts at "hot toe pick" (hot topic) that I've seen popping up lately at the local mall.

I kinda liked this commercial

Jabberwocky 11-28-2006 11:50 AM

Hot toe pick/Hot Topic only works if you say it with a funny accent. :P

I think it means a whole lot of nothing.

I_Like_Chocolate_Milk 11-28-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabberwocky (Post 18928)
Hot toe pick/Hot Topic only works if you say it with a funny accent. :P

I think it means a whole lot of nothing.

If it meant a whole lot of nothing...then you have to admit its a pretty big coincidence that Hot Topic got these shirts in around the same time that this "Short" started coming on the air.

Jabberwocky 11-28-2006 12:38 PM

Isn't it from Squeeze the Day? That came out a while ago. I dunno what shorts you're talking about, I don't have cable, but that seems like a weird connection.

BlooCheese 11-28-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_Like_Chocolate_Milk (Post 18922)

(Hot toe pick)

WHOOO! Subliminal messages!
I don't really know if the whole "I'm a hot toe picker" and "Pick my hot toe! Pick it!" and "It's hot in Topeka" actually is advertising Hot Topic, but it's an interesting thought.

Sonic 11-28-2006 04:45 PM

I think you're looking way too much into it dude. Its just a line from the episode "Squeeze the Day".

Sparky 11-28-2006 05:10 PM

I haven't seen the commercial, but seriously, you're waaaay smarter than I am. :terrsmile: Good call, even if it wasn't done that way on purpose.

Howard 11-28-2006 06:18 PM

I'm a hot toe picker - literally!:frankiesmile:

HappyFoppy 11-28-2006 09:34 PM

I'm sure it's not on purpose: The commercial might have aired around the time Hot Topic started selling T's, but it's a line from episode 403 Squeeze the Day, which aired before. Fun you thought of that, acutally! Good eye, mind, ear, toe... :)