Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Entertainment (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   KP is back!!! (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1431)

Mr. Marshmallow 02-10-2007 06:20 PM

KP is back!!!

Not sure how many are fans of this show or are aware of it's mighty return, but after just watching it on TV I have to say something. Disney finally did something right and has brought "Kim Possible" back from the TV show graveyard.

Kim Possible like many Disney shows, was deadlined at a specific episode number (65 I believe) and all shows regardless of success or failure rates are usually canned after that. But the power of fandom made Disney think otherwise and tonight was the airing of the shows first newest episodes in many months.

In just 4 episodes, the show has answered more questions, and solved many requests then the series did in it's entire running. It's just as smart and funny as ever, with great use of it's characters and a even greater use of it's long waited romance between Kim and Ron.

Anyways, since I already made this thread, the question has to be asked: any other Kim Possible fans out there?

frankie_fan 02-10-2007 06:23 PM

One right here!!!!! ME!

Cassini90125 02-10-2007 07:04 PM

That would be me. I'm just sorry I had to miss the new episodes but I'm sure they'll be rerun soon. KP was, and is, the best cartoon Disney ever came up with and I am dang glad to have it back. :)

frankie_fan 02-10-2007 07:21 PM

There is a website that deals with the episode situation. It can be accessed here:

http://kp.savedisneyshows.org

Mr. Marshmallow 02-11-2007 09:12 AM

The series wasn't really a favorite of mine till much later, I honestly looked down upon the series and never really watched a whole episode and marked it off as stupid teen princess crap. But when I watched a full episode, turned out I was really blown away.

The writing in this series is very sharp and aside from the sometimes obvious moral lessons they use in episodes, this show has so much smarts behind it it's scary. My only beef with the new series is that Dr. Drakken has not yet broken out of prison, other then that, new season's kicking ass in spades.

Drakken RULES! He's one of my favorite characters and easily my favorite villain on the show.

Nyo 02-11-2007 09:23 AM

I'm not a big KP fan, heck, I'm not a fan of her at all. But I watch her show out of boredom sometimes.

Oh and yes Mr. M, Drakken is cool. He's the only reason I watch the show.

Mr. Marshmallow 02-11-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyo (Post 33149)
I'm not a big KP fan, heck, I'm not a fan of her at all. But I watch her show out of boredom sometimes.

Oh and yes Mr. M, Drakken is cool. He's the only reason I watch the show.

I think you'd like the show now Nyo more then ever. The writing has definitely gotten smarter and the show has become far more then kids stuff, it's serious, it's funny, and it's VERY consistent. They lead up right after the "So the drama" movie's climax.

Which is an AMAZING movie even if you don't follow the show or watch it often. Drakken's a hoot, John Dimaggio plays him wonderfully and I always felt his dialouge with Shego is some of the best scenes of the episodes.

Nyo 02-11-2007 01:42 PM

Well, I'll try to find one of those eppies if it makes you happy...:)

frankie_fan 02-11-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow (Post 33153)
They lead up right after the "So the drama" movie's climax. Which is an AMAZING movie even if you don't follow the show or watch it often. Drakken's a hoot, John Dimaggio plays him wonderfully and I always felt his dialouge with Shego is some of the best scenes of the episodes.

I liked his conversation with Shego when he got kicked out of Big Daddy's room! ('You didn't mention the password?!?' 'Thought a genius like you would figure it out!' 8D )

Mr. Marshmallow 02-11-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyo (Post 33201)
Well, I'll try to find one of those eppies if it makes you happy...:)

I got the perfect episode for you, trust me, this episode is the IDEAL one to get hooked on Kim. It's called "Rappin Drakken" and it's about almost exactly what the title says.

I gurantee you will love this one.