Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foster's Discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shortened intro (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2345)

bloonuggets 07-25-2007 03:34 PM

Shortened intro

I just saw for the first time yesterday (7/24) the shortened intro for Foster's sans Mme. F, Frankie and Mr. H. Opinions, please?

Cassini90125 07-25-2007 04:28 PM

That's a horrible thing to do. All three are an integral part of the show, especially Frankie, and deserve to be acknowledged in the show's opening. What will they do with the 9 or 10 seconds they save? It's not even enough for a commercial. Removing them is an insult to their fans and a slap in the face to the characters. :terrence:

Little Baby IceCream 07-25-2007 05:15 PM

I don't think they should have cut the intro either! Even if it was a little longer, I still like seeing all the characters in it! If I was a little late (finishing up BFAHP in the morning) I wouldn't have to worry because of the intro.

Little Baby IceCream ;)

antgirl1 07-25-2007 05:50 PM

They did WHAT now? ? ?

Do they WANT to make us fans mad?

Lynnie 07-25-2007 06:32 PM

This really irritates me, too. I like the new animation and also the tweaked up theme song, but when I first saw it shortened, I was like "What the...?? Why??" Ugh, they didn't even edit the song very well, and you can very clearly hear that it's cut off. And I miss seeing Frankie, Madame F. (and Mac waving to her), and even Mr. H. And although I'm sure we all get that song stuck in our head for hours on end, we're so use to hearig it that way that when we suddenly hear it shortened it just feels....wrong! Ugh, I'm irritated.

The only thing I can really think of as to why CN did this is because of advertising. That 10 seconds isn't long enough for a full commercial, but it's long enough to air a 40 second commercial rather than a 30 second one. And that of course would pay more, especially in the long run. But that makes me wonder if CN is having financial problems at the moment. Or maybe they're just trying to get extra funds to do something big. I hope it's the latter.

I also wonder if it's just a "summer" thing, and they're trying to keep kids on summer break to keep watching, again without cutting commercial time. I've noticed they've been playing more shorts this summer. Maybe that's where that extra 10 seconds per eppie is going (added with the shortened intros of other shows). They're just trying to keep the ratings up, and the viewers watching.

I sure hope they revert back to the original intro once fall starts again. I'll miss the intro in the whole if they don't. Especially with the new animation and the tweaked theme. :(

WiltFan 07-25-2007 07:12 PM

Yeah, I noticed the short theme too. I hope this doesn't last too long,they cut out a lot of my favorite parts of the intro.:(

Bloofanatic 07-25-2007 10:03 PM

Awwww I hate it when they do stuff like that.

Ub3rD4n 07-25-2007 10:45 PM

Wow. That sounds like crap, you guys. Once again, I'm glad I live in New Zealand, where the networks aren't QUITE so ad-mongering.

One Radical Dude 07-26-2007 01:10 AM

What the hell?! Oh, brother. :( I have yet to see this, but I'm sure I will eventually.

Bloo2daMacs 07-26-2007 06:42 AM

Yeah, I noticed this while watching "The Big Cheese" about four days ago. I was gonna post about it on the forums, but I was lazy.

I'm pretty mad about this too. I was watching thinking "What? Wasn't there- Hey wait, it's over already?". One second it's doing the cool build-up thing, then Mac's running with Wilt, Ed, and Coco, then Bloo jumps on Mac.....

....What's up with that?!!