Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Birthdays and Salutations (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Christmas/Holidays 2012, Happy 2013 (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4586)

One Radical Dude 12-25-2012 12:41 AM

Christmas/Holidays 2012, Happy 2013

I know things have been quiet over here, but I wanted to wish those that celebrate a Merry Christmas. For everyone else, I hope you had/will have a great holiday season. I may have a White Christmas later today -- we'll see! Be safe, everyone, and may 2013 be a better year for all. :)

Mew 12-25-2012 11:34 AM

Merry Christmas/happy holidays to all! :)

Lynnie 12-25-2012 01:46 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm typing this via my favorite gift this year- a Kindle Fire HD. :) What exciting stuff did you guys get?

Cassini90125 12-25-2012 07:22 PM

Happy holidays y'all! :bloogrin:

For me, Christmas was pretty much the same as any other day. Christmas Eve was spent at the Cheesecake Factory, along with my brother and his wife and mother-in-law. The chicken marsala is very good. ;D

taranchula 12-26-2012 09:18 AM

Spent a nice couple of days with parents my parents at their home in the country along with my two brothers and parent's two dogs and two cats.

Despite all that it was pretty quiet 48 hours.

BluebottleFlyer 12-28-2012 05:01 AM

Hope everyone had a good Christmas - spent mine getting together with the family at my grandma's house, good chat, good food and a very entertaining game of Bop It.

One Radical Dude 12-28-2012 08:44 AM

My Christmas was definitely interesting. The day hours were good. I pretty much just got additional spending money, which is good, since I'm still not getting a lot of work at the moment. My younger brother was going to join us, but...we ended up getting a historic winter storm, which produced freezing rain for most of the day, and it turned to heavy snowfall when the sun went down. Because of the ice accumulations and gusty winds, that made it much easier for the branches and trees to come down and bring down power lines. I've seen a few utility poles snapped, as well. It was a mess. I'm fine, but as of the time of this post, I've been without electricity for almost three full days. It gets old really fast. :P I took a lot of photos of the snowfall and a bit of the damage caused by the precipitation.

One Radical Dude 12-29-2012 08:29 PM

I wanted to let everyone know that my power was restored just after 5pm on Friday. I jumped up for joy! :bloogrin: Anyway, I'm visiting my younger bro and sis-in-law for the night. It was a nice surprise. :)

AcornBulb 01-06-2013 04:20 AM

Hello everyone and sorry for my late reply, but I hope you enjoyed the Christmas and had a great New Year night! :) I've been busy and I couldn't login to wish you this sooner. Hopefuly I ain't gonna be hated. :D

Thanks.