Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Episode Discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Episode Discussion - Cookie Dough (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1099)

frankie_fan 12-22-2006 01:01 AM

Episode Discussion - Cookie Dough

This is my favourite Bloo episode. I had just recently watched it (from this website, I downloaded it), and it was great.

One of the moments that I really enjoyed was seeing how Bloo tries to make cookies on his own. I also loved Frankie's over-obsession with the cookies. Seeing her scoffling down the cookies and the milk made me laugh! 8D

This is a great episode for showing Bloo how being a rich spoiled 'jerk' (if you will) can't always be fun.

Howard 12-22-2006 05:58 AM

Frankie's mega cookie addiction is so hilarious! I wonder if the poor girl gets sick after eating all those cookies and drinking all that milk.:frankiesmile:

Cassini90125 12-22-2006 06:22 AM

My favorite part had to be towards the end, when Bloo blew the roof off the house. 8D

Invader Bloo 12-22-2006 06:45 AM

Nice to see references to Johnny Bravo.:)

Mr. Marshmallow 12-22-2006 08:29 AM

Although this was a minor part, I had to say the funniest part for me was when Madame Foster revealed the bank money was gone. The fact she did such a completely stupid and contradictory action like that just made me laugh. I mean come on.

Spending the money to buy a new roof to a buy a safe for the money to buy a new roof (gold plated even) is so outrageously stupid, it almost sounds like something Bloo would do.

Howard 12-22-2006 09:59 AM

Another funny highlite to this episode was Bloo looking like a mafioso doing "business" with Madame Foster for the rights of her cookies, and he had two big fish mobsters with him (Godfather reference to sleeping with da fishes perhaps?).:frankiesmile:

kageri 12-22-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow (Post 24023)
Although this was a minor part, I had to say the funniest part for me was when Madame Foster revealed the bank money was gone. The fact she did such a completely stupid and contradictory action like that just made me laugh. I mean come on.

Spending the money to buy a new roof to a buy a safe for the money to buy a new roof (gold plated even) is so outrageously stupid, it almost sounds like something Bloo would do.

When Madame Foster goes senile, how will we know?

Subzeroace 12-22-2006 12:07 PM

I love Frankie in this episode, her cookie obsession is just -GREAT-! Sadly I think thats really what led to a few fan artist drawing Frankie fat and obsessed with food o.O

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow (Post 24023)

Also the part where she signs the contract and gets a free pen, that parts awesome too ^^

Carlaz 12-22-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck2k (Post 24008)
Frankie's mega cookie addiction is so hilarious! I wonder if the poor girl gets sick after eating all those cookies and drinking all that milk.:frankiesmile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 24012)
My favorite part had to be towards the end, when Bloo blew the roof off the house. 8D

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck2k (Post 24028)
Another funny highlite to this episode was Bloo looking like a mafioso doing "business" with Madame Foster for the rights of her cookies, and he had two big fish mobsters with him (Godfather reference to sleeping with da fishes perhaps?).:frankiesmile:

These were the 3 things I remembered about this episode. :) It will become a Fosters' classic episode. :frankiesmile:

Kzinistzerg 12-22-2006 03:54 PM

I think the blowing the roof off the house wasn't a reference to johnny bravo, but a reference to something older that I unfortunately cannot remember... something about thanksgiving turkey 20 minutes at 400 degrees to two minutes at 4000 degrees...

Invader Bloo 12-23-2006 06:22 AM

Imeant the city. One of Bloo's cities he was shipping cookies to was "Aaraon City" JB's city.

"Mmm, cookies"- Johnny Bravo :P

Jabberwocky 12-23-2006 02:50 PM

I loved Bloo in this episode. "I know you're out there. I can feel your scorn."

andy8go 12-24-2006 08:50 AM

Spending the money to buy a new roof to a buy a safe for the money to buy a new roof (gold plated even) is so outrageously stupid, it almost sounds like something Bloo would do.[/quote]

"suspicous"
:gooblab: :gooblab: :gooblab: :gooblab: :gooblab: :gooblab: :gooblab:

if u dont get it then remember uncle pockets and the :gooblab: means i like to babbling

InsaneFan 12-24-2006 12:44 PM

Hehe, this was one of the first episodes I ever saw. And it was only the last couple minutes. But the "I can feel your scorn" line really got me. xD It was just one more reason for me to continue watching Foster's whenever it came on.

fosters home fan 12-25-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy8go (Post 24510)
Spending the money to buy a new roof to a buy a safe for the money to buy a new roof (gold plated even) is so outrageously stupid, it almost sounds like something Bloo would do"suspicous"
:gooblab: :gooblab: :gooblab: :gooblab: :gooblab: :gooblab: :gooblab:

if u dont get it then remember uncle pockets and the :gooblab: means i like to babbling

I thought it was gold colored paint. Really stupid either way.::)

frankie_fan 12-26-2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 24012)

Here here! I loved his expression on his face... 'Whoops!' 8D

Ditchy McAbandonpants 12-27-2006 12:56 AM

Even though the theme of this episode (big business and money corrupting a once innocent ideal) is quite a common one, I still enjoyed it, because it's useful every once in a while to remind people that Bloo is not a completely oblivious jerk. The excesses of his behaviour often occasionally threaten to undermine his postion as a sympathetic protagonist, as well as the premise that someone as level-headed and compassionate as Mac could have created him. Episodes like this (well, the ending, at least :P) and "The Sweet Stench of Success" help to balance that out a bit.

Oh, and Frankie...:D It was the swigging from the milk bottle that really cracked me up...what a way to take the wholesome tradtion of milk and cookies to disturbingly psychotic extremes! The fact that as a character she's versatile enough to go from cookie-addled kook to love goddess (Frankie My Dear), to put-upon punch-bag (Store Wars), to mischievous ne'er-do-well (World Wide Wabbit), to stern authority figure (Everyone Knows It's Bendy), is the essence of what I love about her. :frankiesmile:

frankie_fan 01-06-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditchy McAbandonpants (Post 24972)
The fact that as a character she's versatile enough to go from cookie-addled kook to love goddess (Frankie My Dear), to put-upon punch-bag (Store Wars), to mischievous ne'er-do-well (World Wide Wabbit), to stern authority figure (Everyone Knows It's Bendy), is the essence of what I love about her. :frankiesmile:

Indeed. She sure knows how to show it off. BTW, I hope you don't mind if I emphasise 'love goddess' for you! :bloogrin:

fosters home fan 01-06-2007 10:07 PM

my rating

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subzeroace (Post 24057)
I love Frankie in this episode, her cookie obsession is just -GREAT-! Sadly I think thats really what led to a few fan artist drawing Frankie fat and obsessed with food o.O

WHAT THE...

Anyways this episode was great.
The cookie merchandise was hilarious!

9/10

Mr. Marshmallow 01-06-2007 10:26 PM

I just got finished watching this episode again, and it really was a great episode. Frankie actually seems to be the talk of the episode. Even though Bloo's evil cookie organization was the focus, it seems Frankie really won everyone's attention.

Not that I'd feel any different toward that cookie chewing cutie :) but, i gotta say, it was surprising the sub plot seems to be the talk of the forums. I also must say this is probably the funniest form of "torture" I've ever seen for someone. Sure, Frankie's probably gonna feel like crap the next day.

But seeing someone down a couple thousand boxes of cookies and jugs of is just too weird not to laugh at. Frankie may be a sweet heart, but she's got one hell of an obsession. Btw, I love how Madame Foster was so excited over getting a pen for her recipie.

"ooooooh a pen, sharp point, my favorite!"

Voxxyn 01-06-2007 10:36 PM

It's not "torture" at all, it's just plain crazy and funny. I love that Frankie isn't 100% sane or normal.

CG 01-06-2007 11:19 PM

Frankie always wins everyones attention since it seems her fanbase has come full force to the community.

Me, I enjoyed the episode. Bloo listing a few other CN cities was great (Townsville especially), and how he began laying people off. Eduardo being fired was the most amusing yet saddening moments. "But this job is all I have!" Aw, straight out of movies.

And man did Bloo go into over spenditure or what? Given I would probably do the same thing I shouldn't talk. But man. Gold statues.

Mr. Marshmallow 01-06-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voxxyn (Post 27265)
It's not "torture" at all, it's just plain crazy and funny. I love that Frankie isn't 100% sane or normal.

No one is 100% sane or normal, if they were, they wouldn't be worth watching now would they? 8D

frankie_fan 01-07-2007 09:13 PM

Don't ask me why, but seeing Frankie talking to Mac while eating the cookies ('You should give in to the power of the triple chocolate!'); was it supposed to be a spoof or reference of some psycho horror movie or something? Just curious!

moonpony 04-02-2007 12:06 PM

I liked the Afterschool Special message we all learned at the end of this eppy -- cookies are only good when they're made with LOVE. LOL!

Madame Foster's purchase of a gold-plated safe was priceless and Frankie's cookie addiction hit home. That's how I used to feel about Girl Scout cookies!

Ub3rD4n 04-26-2007 04:04 PM

Pretty funny from start to finish. One little thing, though, i didn't like the way Mr H was portrayed in this ep. Not that he was OOC or anything, just it showed off the worst parts of his character. Except that scene with Madame Foster, though, that was just awesome to see them interacting like that.:herriman:

Ridureyu 11-30-2007 04:10 PM

I get like that when my dad makes his homemade Chinese dumplings, or homemade Polish sausage, or...

...I get like that a lot.

Cassini90125 11-30-2007 04:18 PM

Heh, I suppose we all have foods we get a little crazy about. Me, I've got too many to bother listing. :cheesegrin:

Howard 12-01-2007 02:02 PM

I am like that with cheese crackers! IT could be Cheez-its, or Goldfish - gotta have my cheese! (I do not mean the character either):cheese:

Another Castle 05-11-2010 12:38 PM

This episode is one of my top favorites, and always a pleasure to watch for me no matter how many times. So many good lines!

I know they are there for jokes, but we see a few what I like to call "appliance" friends- IFs based upon an object (Bloomer the Radio is a good example). We meet Bulby the lightbulb, Torchy the torch/flashlight (both, I recon, created by kids who are scared of the dark) and Oveny, who is of course used to bake the cookies. However, what I am getting to- did he survive the explosion? Did Bloo kill him?! :o:wiltshock:

KazooBloo 12-04-2016 02:29 PM

One of the few episodes where Bloo does something nice for someone with no immediate ulterior motives to affect himself by doing it.

fosters-fan 09-02-2017 03:28 PM

Okay, remembering the episode...

Why the fruitcake isn't Bloo in jail?! He essentially enslaved the entire house and not once let them take breaks or compensated them, a very serious and punishable offense! If Mac or anybody told the cops that Bloo was treating everyone like slaves, he'd be facing some serious jail time. :edmad:

KazooBloo 10-11-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fosters-fan (Post 128720)
Okay, remembering the episode...

Why the fruitcake isn't Bloo in jail?! He essentially enslaved the entire house and not once let them take breaks or compensated them, a very serious and punishable offense! If Mac or anybody told the cops that Bloo was treating everyone like slaves, he'd be facing some serious jail time. :edmad:

Perhaps because it's a cartoon?