Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foster's Discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Signs You've Watched a Little Too Much Foster's... (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2746)

WiltsAKGirl17 11-15-2007 11:01 AM

Signs You've Watched a Little Too Much Foster's...

Here's a fun question: How do you know when you've watched a little too much Foster's?

Here are some ideas to get you started:
  • When ever you make macaroni and cheese, you think of... well... :) and :cheesegrin:

Okay, idea: singular. I'm sure someone can think up something better than that.

Have fun!

P.S. I'm guilty of the one I mentioned-- did it last night.

Shelltoon 11-15-2007 12:22 PM

You know you've been watching too much Foster's when you grab the nearest drink and shout "I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!"

BabyCharmander 11-15-2007 12:50 PM

You know you watch too much Foster's when commonplace items remind you of characters. Paddleballs remind you of Bloo, plastic eggs remind you of Coco, potatoes remind you of Eduardo, and those little plastic googly-eyes (the ones you see in arts n' crafts stores) remind you of Wilt.

pitbulllady 11-15-2007 01:43 PM

When you actually contemplate having a big, blue # 1 painted on the hood of your bright red car, you've probably watched too much Foster's.

When you see a nice-looking guy wearing a sharp outfit, and you think, "man, those clothes would really look good on Wilt", you've probably watched a little bit too much Foster's.

When you accidentally and completely unintentionaly refer to the very-large and very-arachnophobic fourth-grade teacher down the hall as "Mrs. Eduardo" when she runs out of her own classroom shrieking like a Banshee because she discovered a small moulted spider SKIN behind a book on a shelf, you KNOW you've watched too much Foster's!

pitbulllady

BabyCharmander 11-15-2007 01:58 PM

A certain shade of blue reminds you of a certain Bloo character. :bloocross: (Happened to me JUST now. XD)

Bloonan 11-15-2007 02:05 PM

You know you watch too much FHIF when your mom asks you to do something, and out of nowhere you go "Frankie'll take care of it..."

Nem 11-15-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitbulllady (Post 63808)
When you actually contemplate having a big, blue # 1 painted on the hood of your bright red car, you've probably watched too much Foster's.

I'd do that XD But my car is green, so it wouldn't work out too well =P

For me though, I'm contemplating getting either a #1 tattoo, or maybe just a tattoo of Wilt, or perhaps Bloo =D

Also, you know you've watched too much Foster's when you go out to your car and find a Bloo plush chilling in the back seat =P (Which is where my Bloo plush is currently located)

Cassini90125 11-15-2007 02:31 PM

When you describe Frankie so vividly that people think she's real. :-*

I've also complained, half-jokingly, about Hallmark not having a line of birthday cards specifically for your favorite cartoon characters. :bloocross:

Lynnie 11-15-2007 09:04 PM

Every time you hear the word "blue" you add "regard", at least mentally.

Big belt buckles remind you of Eduardo.

Every time you hear the term "Punk Rock" you say "I'm punk rock!"

You compare random people you see on the street to people involved with the show <-- totally did that today, lol!

And I too occasionally check out the card and sticker section of the local grocery stores and Target hoping to finally spot something related to Fosters. I do it on EVERY visit.

BluebottleFlyer 11-16-2007 03:32 AM

Argh, this is a lame one...when you see an advert for Foster's beer, and you think of FHFIF instead, you've seen too much Foster's.

When you see a bottle of Chanel perfume in the shop, and you remember that Chanel's first name was Coco...I think you can guess what I mean, heh.

When you hear a song by a band called Wilt, and you think of the Wilt-Man singing it (this one's happened, I have a song called 'Distortion' by a band called Wilt), you've seen too much Foster's.

When you try to unsuccessfully imitate Bloo's insane levels of screaming, you've seen too much Foster's.

Cassini90125 11-16-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie (Post 63860)
And I too occasionally check out the card and sticker section of the local grocery stores and Target hoping to finally spot something related to Fosters. I do it on EVERY visit.

Uh, I mean for the characters, like they have cards specifically to give to your father or daughter or wife, etc. :frankiesmile:

WiltsAKGirl17 11-16-2007 11:01 AM

OK, I have a new one!

You buy and old VW bus and paint it like the Foster's bus and have ABSOLUTELY no shame in driving it around. Even though it embarasses your (pick any of the following) friends, parents, spouse/significant other, kids, etc. ;)

Ridureyu 11-16-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 (Post 63886)
OK, I have a new one!

You buy and old VW bus and paint it like the Foster's bus and have ABSOLUTELY no shame in driving it around. Even though it embarasses your (pick any of the following) friends, parents, spouse/significant other, kids, etc. ;)

Do not drive it around a school. You will get arrested.

x_dummkoff_x 11-16-2007 04:11 PM

if you go to spell "blue" but put "bloo" instead.
that's happened to me SO many times.

One Radical Dude 11-16-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x_dummkoff_x (Post 63916)

I've done that a few times! You can blame this show for that. 8D

Wendi 11-16-2007 07:58 PM

LOL! once bloo said something like "super awesome pen"
and I always say things like "Super awesome tree." in a mumble voice like he did. most of the time, and don't even remember it's from fosters. lmao. it just kinda grew on my again.

super awesome topic... XD

YuckieDuck 11-17-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluebottleFlyer (Post 63875)
Argh, this is a lame one...when you see an advert for Foster's beer, and you think of FHFIF instead, you've seen too much Foster's.

Actually that happens to me every time. 8D

Subzeroace 11-17-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

You and me both XD 8D

Cassini90125 11-17-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Same here. 8D

Slightly off-topic; you know you spend too much time on the Forum when you go to send an email and you're momentarily confused when you can't find the smilies. :bloocross:

Foster's Geek 287 11-17-2007 06:20 PM

Sadly, I do most of these. :D

Diamond Duchess 11-17-2007 07:55 PM

Well, when one sees a Sonic commercial for fried Mac and Cheese fritters and immediately thinks of Mac and Cheese, then I've been watching too much Fosters. There, I said it.

I also think of Coco whenever I see anything Chanel.

bloonuggets 11-21-2007 08:57 AM

When you see kumkwats, and you just couldn't resist saying it the way Wilt said it in "Schlock Star."

Nyo 11-25-2007 03:51 PM

Today when I went out shopping, I saw some teen dude wearing green clothes trying to flirt with a teen girl wearing bright pink clothes.

I was reminded of Jackie/FN so much xD

WiltsAKGirl17 11-26-2007 08:40 PM

Whenever you hear cheese you think of, well... :cheese:

I'm so guilty of this. At SubWay, whenever I ask someone what type of cheese they'd like on their sandwich, I'll occassionally think of the little yellow pain in the rear. (And nonw of the cheeses are yellow, since we discontinued cheddar a looong time ago...)

Cassini90125 11-27-2007 12:48 AM

Bleh, I do that, too. I hope they never come up with a similar character and call him "Ham". :cheesegrin:

Subway really ought to bring back the cheddar, by the way.

nding 11-27-2007 06:25 AM

last night I had trouble sleeping because I had the Designer Jeans song stuck in my head:-[

WiltsAKGirl17 11-28-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 65456)
Bleh, I do that, too. I hope they never come up with a similar character and call him "Ham". :cheesegrin:

Subway really ought to bring back the cheddar, by the way.

Do you honestly think I have that kind of power? Although it would be nice, considering that it would save me from having to explain to people that we don't have cheddar, we discontinued it before I started working there and I don't know why it was discontinued.

OK, since I wasted cyberspace with my cheddar rant...

You know you've watched a little too much Foster's when you call the uppity, annoying person at your school, job, whatever, Mr. Herriman. (:herriman:)

When you trick your friends into saying Foster's quotes. I did this today at lunch. My friend Lauren was goofing off and said something with a cheesy fake French accent, a la Bloo in FGTE. I told her, "Now say, 'I am Pierre! I put the ducks in Crystal Pond!'"

And she did it.

I started laughing my butt off (ME: 8D) and told her where that came from and she rolled her eyes. I tried to get her to do it again, but she didn't do the accent. Eh, it was good while it lasted.

Nem 11-28-2007 10:07 PM

Subway in Oregon has cheddar :[ It's a pain trying to find one with swiss cheese though haha!

On my way to and from work, if I take the I-205 freeway, I go past Foster Road, which obviously reminds me of Foster's Home...it even kind of rhymes, now that I think about it.

BabyCharmander 11-29-2007 03:36 AM

AAAGH. It's 1000 times easier for me to get distracted when doing my devotions now because whenever I read the word "wilt" it throws me off. @_x (Er, "wilt" as in the phrase "wilt thou do this?" and the like, which appears in the Bible a LOT.) It really throws me off when it's at the beginning of a sentence and is capitalized. XD;

Mac_Attack 11-29-2007 04:03 AM

I've done quite a few of the things you all have posted :)

You know you've been watching a little too much FHFIF if you sleep under the bed so that your room mate can have the bottom bunk.

TB 11-29-2007 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_Attack (Post 65666)
I've done quite a few of the things you all have posted :)

You know you've been watching a little too much FHFIF if you sleep under the bed so that your room mate can have the bottom bunk.

Haha I would totally do this, if not for my stupid fears of insectos. :-[

BabyCharmander 11-29-2007 12:35 PM

I actually HAVE slept underneath my bed once to hide from my little sister. XD It wasn't so horrible, actually.

bloonuggets 12-25-2007 11:58 PM

You drink Hot Cocoa and think to yourself "You want any juice?"

Bloonan 12-27-2007 11:12 AM

You buy a large quartz of some sort, and then accidentally call it a magic potato.

Fomalhaut 12-27-2007 01:27 PM

Well, a few ones from a wannabe writer:

- You begin a new novel, and try desperately not to link it to Foster's in ANY possible way...
-...but in the end you give up, and give the main character the second name "Foster"...
-...but you can't stop, and name the evil guy Terrence...
-...and in the end call a squirrel Sparky.

<-I've done ALL of these. Will notice you if an editor buys the book.

Ridureyu 12-29-2007 10:30 AM

You're a hot toe-picker from Spokane.

WiltsAKGirl17 01-15-2008 10:57 AM

Completely random characters on TV shows remind you of Foster's characters.

This happened last night-- I was watching Emergency!, the old paramedic show from the 70's, with my parents last night and they answered a call with a little boy who'd passed out on the school playground or something. The little kid in question had an afro sort of thing and I swear, my first thought was, "Hey, it's Jordan!" I think I need some help... :weirded:

antgirl1 01-15-2008 03:12 PM

You say "There's no such thing as too much Foster's!".

some guy you dont know 01-15-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antgirl1 (Post 69317)
You say "There's no such thing as too much Foster's!".

you know, i was about to say that myself :P

Ridureyu 01-16-2008 02:53 PM

You know you've watched too much Foster's when you see absolutely nothing strange or unusual about this picture:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...atchhauzer.png