Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Episode Discussion (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Episode Discussion: Say It Isn't Sew (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1973)

AerostarMonk 05-21-2007 08:44 AM

Episode Discussion: Say It Isn't Sew

The newest ep of Foster's has been up on the main website all morning. I missed The Buck Swaps here and went looking for it, only to discover this one pop up out of nowhere.

I had a good laugh and that's all I'm going to say. Enjoy.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/...onType=browser

Imaginary Light 05-21-2007 11:55 AM

That was one awesome episode. I love Bloo so much8-)

I love how Foster's takes such simple concepts, like getting stuck in a fabric store with a crazy old lady, and can still make a very entertaining 22 minutes.

One Radical Dude 05-21-2007 12:01 PM

Ugh, everything there is running so slow right now. :macwor: I'll try to watch this again later. :P

AerostarMonk 05-21-2007 12:30 PM

The pantomime that Mac and the old man do for the roller coaster is priceless. It was great to see a more fun-loving Mac in this episode.

Cassini90125 05-21-2007 12:33 PM

Let's not forget the Spoiler button everyone, at least until more people have seen the episode, m'kay? :)

bloonuggets 05-21-2007 12:43 PM

Gracias, Cassini, I was about to suggest that.

Oh, by the way, if you contribute to the Episode Guide for this episode on tv.com, I regret to say that those submissions will not be approved until after that episode airs on June 6th. We want to be fair-and-square on the topic. And as Cassini said, please use the spoiler button.

Sparky 05-21-2007 01:14 PM

Thanks AM, I'll watch it as soon as I am able. Is there any demand for me creating a video of this ep the same as I did with Buck Swaps Here or am I off the hook? :terrsmile:

pitbulllady 05-21-2007 01:31 PM

Oh, MAN! This is one of the BEST yet! TONS of movie parodies! Lots of old lady jibber-jabber! Blooregard Q. McGuiver! Bucket-loads of amazing quotes! Wilt in a GOOD MOOD!! And just what EVERYBODY needs....

Spoiler Below
QUILTED NINJA THROWING STARS!!

pitbulllady

Pawbah 05-21-2007 01:52 PM

That was awesome! Thanks for posting it AerostarMonk. You really made my day! 8-)

WiltFan 05-21-2007 02:45 PM

Oh man...that was insane!!:bloogrin:

emperor26 05-21-2007 02:52 PM

Nice episode.

Though, I do feel sorry for Bloo on this one.

Bloo2daMacs 05-21-2007 03:19 PM

That... was... AWESOME!!

Who knew Bloo had such...
Spoiler Below
Sewing abilites!

fosters-fan 05-21-2007 04:09 PM

I just saw the eppie on thesite, and I have two words to comment on it: IT........ ROCKED!!!!!!! ^_^

And ya know, it reminds me of the times my older sister or mom drags me into a store that I really hate, and I'm eighteen! XD

CG 05-21-2007 04:11 PM

I can't watch this episode, just like last time, but I'd appreciate if this thread didn't get too long. Because once again, we now have two threads for the one episode.

Or I just might end up merging this one with the original one. Jeeze.

montitech 05-21-2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 44653)
I can't watch this episode, just like last time, but I'd appreciate if this thread didn't get too long. Because once again, we now have [b]two[/i] threads for the one episode.

Or I just might end up merging this one with the original one. Jeeze.

There is also that third older thread for the Loom title of the episode from back somewhere between oct-dec.

but either way, The reason there are two threads now is because you LOCKEd the other thread saterday night, so when people saw the episode since it was released on CN video they started posting.

I liked the episode, it was fun, and like a roller coster it had ups and downs. (quick action followed by a slow up, followed again with actions)

Spoiler Below

I was hoping that when the ducks crossed the road; the trailing duck would have been an ugly ducking. but it did not happen.
400+ in fabric, she should have used a save 50% on one item coupon. I am sure Ed has one on him.

Monty :-/

CG 05-21-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montitech (Post 44657)
but either way, The reason there are two threads now is because you LOCKEd the other thread saterday night, so when people saw the episode since it was released on CN video they started posting.

Excuse ME, but I felt it just made no logical sense for a episode discussion board to be up and available for acess before the very episode had aired. How can you discuss what you haven't seen, really? Just going on about how much you're looking forward to it, and posting your ideas of what'll happen isn't episode discussion to me.

Besides, I asked the other staff members to unlock that thread once the episode had aired, be it online or otherwise. I suppose that didn't happen either. update The old thread has now been removed. This one is now the official episode discussion thread for this episode.

Watch your tone with me, Monty. I'm not in a very forgiving mood today.

Sparky 05-21-2007 06:31 PM

Spoiler Below
I loved the Psycho reference, that was so perfect! :goo: Being someone who spends oh, half her life in fabric stores (and my first job was at a fabric store too, when I was but 15) I loved this episode.

One Radical Dude 05-21-2007 07:25 PM

Great stuff there. I really enjoyed this one. 8-)

Cassini90125 05-21-2007 07:42 PM

This was the funniest, most enjoyable episode I've seen in a very long time. Bloo was a riot! ;D

10/10. :)

antgirl1 05-21-2007 08:09 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL, best episode ever! 8D

I TOLD you Wilt fans he'd be fine! :D

Subzeroace 05-21-2007 08:26 PM

Subby wants to see... *begs at Sparky's feet* :3

Sparky 05-21-2007 09:35 PM

Oh. Well, I'm going to bed right now...maybe I can make a video of it tomorrow.

Ub3rD4n 05-22-2007 12:26 AM

Sparkyyyyyyyy.......would it be possible for there to be a video for this? If this is gonna be like The Buck Swaps Here, I'm gonna have to wait weeks for the thing to be up on Youtube, and I live in New Zealand, so it's unlikely to air here until (I'm serious here, season 4 just ended in my neck of the woods) about a year. So i would reaaaaaly appreciate it if you could. :'( Thankyouthankyouthankyou! :terrsmile:

pitbulllady 05-22-2007 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 44665)
Spoiler Below
I loved the Psycho reference, that was so perfect! :goo: Being someone who spends oh, half her life in fabric stores (and my first job was at a fabric store too, when I was but 15) I loved this episode.

That one WAS great, but I liked THIS one even better:
Spoiler Below

The Groundhog Day reference when Bloo kept re-living the same experience over and over again!

pitbulllady

One Radical Dude 05-22-2007 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitbulllady (Post 44690)
That one WAS great, but I liked THIS one even better:
Spoiler Below

The Groundhog Day reference when Bloo kept re-living the same experience over and over again!

pitbulllady

Yeah (loved that film)! I liked that part a lot! 8D Hee hee hee.

"C" the Dragon 05-22-2007 12:15 PM

The episode's okay. Not enough Wilt, though. Well, at least he's on it.:P I like the ending credits.
Spoiler Below
It shows that Bloo had learned his lesson on how the things are not what they seem by sewing.:)
Over all, I kinda liked this episode.:)

pitbulllady 05-22-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "C" the Dragon (Post 44737)
The episode's okay. Not enough Wilt, though. Well, at least he's on it.:P I like the ending credits.
Spoiler Below
It shows that Bloo had learned his lesson on how the things are not what they seem by sewing.:)
Over all, I kinda liked this episode.:)

Spoiler Below
Bloo isn't the only one who gets a come-uppance in this episode; Madame Foster learned a thing or two about not keeping HER word(she told Bloo they'd only be a minute in the fabric store, after all) when that cashier handed HER the BILL for all that stuff Bloo used to build his hot-air balloon!

And yeah, I would have liked to have seen more of Wilt, and of Frankie
Spoiler Below
(what happened to HER after they got there? She just like, disappears.), but at least Wilt was his usual happy, smiling self again! Guess Jackie is still peeved about that sandwich, though. It was pretty funny that those two got paired up as "buddies" for trip to the fair, since Wilt is the tallest household member and Jackie's head, uh, I mean EYE, barely reaches the top of Wilt's sneaker!

pitbulllady

Sparky 05-22-2007 02:00 PM

Okay here's the video of the episode recorded via camcorder off of the CN site:

Say It Isn't Sew (CN site version)

Ub3rD4n 05-22-2007 11:14 PM

Ooooooooh, thankyouthankyouthankyou!!:bloogrin: This episode was pretty good, not as good as the ones previously seen this season, though. What really made it for me was
Spoiler Below
Mac's "Ha!" Brilliance. The middle was a bit of a slouch, but still, a solid ep. The whole way through I was expecting to hear "I like the fair.":cheese: . Ah, well. And does Jackie seem to dislike Wilt, or am I imagining things? I also loved Madame Foster's just desserts. She pretty well deserved it.

BTW, I passed the 100 mark! Woohoo! I'm at home!

Foster's Geek 287 05-23-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AerostarMonk (Post 44602)
The newest ep of Foster's has been up on the main website all morning. I missed The Buck Swaps here and went looking for it, only to discover this one pop up out of nowhere.

I had a good laugh and that's all I'm going to say. Enjoy.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/...onType=browser

I love this episode! It was hilarious. 8D
Spoiler Below

Bloo would have had a more fun time at the toyland if he just had a cow for the barn. 8D

I like how the whole thing backfires on him, but I liked it better when Bloo and Madame Foster had a relationship like in "Foster's Goes to Europe". That was priceless. :mfoster:

Subzeroace 05-23-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 44763)
Okay here's the video of the episode recorded via camcorder off of the CN site:

Say It Isn't Sew (CN site version)

Many thanks Sparky :) D/Ling it now (btw thank you for The Buck Swaps Here as well! I forgot to before :O)

Vampyre 05-24-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n (Post 44840)
Ooooooooh, thankyouthankyouthankyou!!:bloogrin: This episode was pretty good, not as good as the ones previously seen this season, though. What really made it for me was
Spoiler Below
Mac's "Ha!" Brilliance. The middle was a bit of a slouch, but still, a solid ep. The whole way through I was expecting to hear "I like the fair.":cheese: . Ah, well. And does Jackie seem to dislike Wilt, or am I imagining things? I also loved Madame Foster's just desserts. She pretty well deserved it.

BTW, I passed the 100 mark! Woohoo! I'm at home!

I wouldn't say that Jackie dislikes Wilt, I suppose it's because they're just so different, personality wise. Wilt's very optimistic, and Jackie seems to have a bit of a 'Don't give a toss' attitude. It kinda sounds like me and this girl in my class at school, who can be annoyingly cheerful and although I don't say anything about it, unlike Jackie, it bugs me to no end. I don't dislike her though.

pitbulllady 05-24-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyre (Post 44947)
I wouldn't say that Jackie dislikes Wilt, I suppose it's because they're just so different, personality wise. Wilt's very optimistic, and Jackie seems to have a bit of a 'Don't give a toss' attitude. It kinda sounds like me and this girl in my class at school, who can be annoyingly cheerful and although I don't say anything about it, unlike Jackie, it bugs me to no end. I don't dislike her though.

I think that Jackie just has his drawers in a wad over that whole sandwich thing from "Cheese A Go-Go". Wilt DID serve, albeit unsuccessfully, as the attorney for Madame Foster, whom was the defendant against Jackie's claim of sandwich theft. Either that, or Jackie is being unforgiving over the "'tater salad in the lemonade" incident, which even I have to agree-"that just ain't RIGHT!" I guess when you're an eighteen-inch tall green stick with an eyeball for a head, you would tend to be a bit defensive sometimes.

pitbulllady

hedgemaniac 05-25-2007 05:49 PM

Just saw the episode on CN Video. It was SO funny how Bloo always hums throughout the episode.

DADADADADADADADA! DADADADADA!

Nyo 06-07-2007 09:33 AM

When's the airdate? I missed it on CN Video.

bloonuggets 06-07-2007 11:43 AM

Tomorrow (Friday 6/8) at 7 and 10 ET/PT.

And thank you, Cassini for closing the "Loom of One's Own" thread and directing them here!

Mr. Marshmallow 06-08-2007 04:34 PM

I saw it and I frankly to me it was more like "Yeah......what's next". I mean I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket over this but really, I didn't find this episode to go above the call of duty and provide anything amazing. To me, this was an average episode and above all a very WEIRD episode at that.

The whole idea Bloo would eagerly dump Mac to go for a quicker and faster means to the ride makes perfect sense, as does Foster's utterly odd obsession of spending every waking hour and second in that sewing store. I felt her warped view of the "buddy system" to be a very fitting ironic story foil for Bloo.

Truly he had no idea what Madame Foster said or felt when the whole buddy thing came up. I think Bloo had some actually clever escape routes with the sewing the balloon, the crosswalk (love that duck family gag :D), and creating a pillow cover for the store bell so Madame Foster wouldn't hear him leaving.

Shacking up Jackie and Wilt was just plain funny, knowing there both voiced by Phil Lamarr just made their bizarre interactions all the more interesting to see, especially when Jackie mocked Wilt "is THAT okay?". I also enjoyed Mac's little roller coaster impression, it was a weird and interesting little thing to see.

But for me, this episode suffered the same thing that actually made "Cheese a go-go" and "Buck swaps here" good: entertainment. This episode really just wasn't that funny. It wasn't exciting, or story driven or funny or crazy fun, it was just....average. I wouldn't call this a real gut buster in the least sense.

Now i know not every episode is supposed to be utterly hilarious, I just didn't find this entertaining in much of any kind of value, it was just an okay episode for me. I mean sure the "wa-wa" reference joke was clever and Bloo being screaming and squealing in the beginning was good for a chuckle or two.

But all in all, this was nothing superb or amazing to me. Go-go and Buck kept my interest for much longer and were alot funnier and interesting to actually watch, this one just seemed like a semi-clever joke that failed to produce humor that was nothing more then ordinary stuff.

pitbulllady 06-08-2007 05:40 PM

This is still, for me, the funniest episode so far in this season. I can totally relate to Bloo's predicament, right down to him imagining that he was trapped in the very flaming bowels of Hell itself, having been in almost the exact same situation more than once as a child! There is no fate worse, when you're six or so, than being stuck in a fabric store with an old lady! The movie references, especially to Groundhog Day, were hilarious! I also loved how both Bloo AND Madame Foster wound up getting their "just desserts", so to speak-him for ditching Mac in favor of faster transportation,a nd HER for having to pay for all the stuff Bloo uses or destroys in his escape attempt! I kinda felt sorry for that little dude who wound up being Mac's "buddy", though, since he obviously didn't share Mac's enthusiasm for the "Vomit Comet", and I'm totally with him on that! I loved the way that the scenes kept showing of the group at the fair, so that you were never sure if that's what was REALLY happening, or if it was simply how Bloo, stuck in the fabric store, was imagining it was happening, since he couldn't actually be there. The duck scene was hilarious, too(but WHY was a MALE mallard leading the chicks?), and of course it couldn't get TOO cutesy-wootsy without Bloo whacking that slow-poke duckling with the sign to hurry it up across the street, in keeping with the sometimes-irreverent sense of humor the show's writers have been known to display!

pitbulllady

x_dummkoff_x 06-08-2007 05:59 PM

I totally felt sorry for bloo!
I was angry, man.
>>; torturin' poor bloo.

Mr. Marshmallow 06-08-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x_dummkoff_x (Post 46559)
I totally felt sorry for bloo!
I was angry, man.
>>; torturin' poor bloo.

After seeing "Only have surprise for you", "Bye, bye nerdy", and "One false movie" I honestly have to say I don't really feel THAT much sympathy for what happened to Bloo during this episode.

Especially considering what got him into his mess was the same kind of behavior that made Mac's life miserable in those 3 episodes I just mentioned.