Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dear Sparky (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2514)

One Radical Dude 10-01-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 57844)
To be perfectly frank, they don't. I'm sorry to say it but I want to be honest with you guys. You have no idea of the things I've had to deal with because of this website. I may quit some day, but I'll be sure to try and pass the site on to someone I trust first.

Anyways I've gotten emails from professionals before regarding my other sites, its not just this one. If you do more than just throw together a site which is mostly just links to other sites people will notice. It takes a lot of devotion to run a good site, and it's NOT a job for someone who just wants to do it for the "glory" or to be be popular or whatever. Sometimes I think this site is only as successful as it is because I view it at least as much as an actual job as I do a hobby. ;)

Whether you choose to quit or not, I'll totally respect your decision. I know it's been tough running the site, but you have done a brilliant job. :up:

Nyo 10-05-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 57866)
My ego is shy. And lives under a rock. ;)

Hah don't sweat it, my ego is the same way. :bloocross:

Anyway, I suggest ignoring negative e-mails.

Sparky 03-25-2008 01:11 PM

Got a new one today from another person thinking I run Big Fat Awesome House Party:

Quote:

your not letting me play, I used my password and it is telling me that it is invalied.
Oh noez, I'm not letting her play! I'm such a meanie! :jk: She might have tried giving me a return email addy that works too so I could explain this is only a fansite; but since she didn't she gets mocked here. :P

Frankie_4_Prez 04-11-2008 06:24 PM

I'd say the age of the people who write these things might have a lot to do with their content... just think of them as Cheese #1, Cheese #2, and so on. Point, laugh, and move on.

Now here's a question to ponder about, what would Frankie Foster do? She does run the "official"/adoption site in her world, after all.

Fomalhaut 04-13-2008 08:12 AM

I just have one thing I worry about... I know I might seem stupid, but now that Foster's gonna be over, I just hope this forum and site will stay.

Sparky 04-13-2008 11:29 AM

I honestly don't know why people are worried about the site staying open...I belong to fansites for shows that have been over for 20+ years! I don't see any reason to delete the site, or even just the forum. Perhaps if it attracts less traffic, I can even save some money by switching to a hosting package with less bandwidth. This site's package is three times the size of theneitherworld, and I have like a DOZEN sites on there. ::) Lol.

One Radical Dude 04-13-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 76274)
I honestly don't know why people are worried about the site staying open...I belong to fansites for shows that have been over for 20+ years! I don't see any reason to delete the site, or even just the forum. Perhaps if it attracts less traffic, I can even save some money by switching to a hosting package with less bandwidth. This site's package is three times the size of theneitherworld, and I have like a DOZEN sites on there. ::) Lol.

I see. Well, it makes me feel better to hear you say something like that. :)

Sparky 04-13-2008 11:52 AM

I...didn't realise even the staff thought I'd shut the site down just because the show is over...This is the only fansite I've ever run for a show that was currently airing, I have more experience running fansites for shows that are long over! This will simply in time become another one of those. As far as the site goes I am GLAD the show is ending, maybe we'll get less psychos in here, lol.

Howard 04-13-2008 01:44 PM

Well Sparky,

I have mixed emotions about the fate of Foster's. On one hand, I agree it is time to end and look forward to what Craig and Co. will do next. About the psychos visiting your site, that will never end; psychos visit fan sites of shows that are long gone as well. On the other hand, I wish the show could run a couple of more seasons. They mentioned it was hard to keep the show original without repeating themselves. Why not hire new writers, or writers from Nickolodeon (their humor is just as twisted as CN). Anyway that is my 2 cents. :frankiesmile:

Partymember 04-13-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 76281)
As far as the site goes I am GLAD the show is ending, maybe we'll get less psychos in here, lol.

LOL 8D