Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What ticks you off? (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175)

Oxnvat 07-20-2023 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 129219)
Mmm, Borax:

https://news.yahoo.com/people-consum...220119537.html

To be blunt, I think that anyone who is stupid enough to consume Borax should be allowed to do so. ::) :P

Oh jeez, this is gonna be Tide Pods round 2 ::)

Cassini90125 12-22-2023 07:29 PM

Damn internet has been out all day. Might be the cold. Might also be that the new modem that Frontier sent me earlier this year is crap. They're getting an annoyed call tomorrow. :frankiemad:

KazooBloo 01-07-2024 06:58 AM

Working for a living but always being broke.

geniusinmath 01-08-2024 05:28 PM

Re: What ticks you off?

Being alone in forums, bullies, name calling, and violence.

Cassini90125 02-11-2024 11:24 AM

I haz a virus; head and joints hurt, tired, throat is sore, and my temperature is 100.2F/37.8C. Needless to say, I feel like crap. :P

Mew 02-12-2024 10:43 AM

Hope you feel better soon, Cassini!

Cassini90125 02-15-2024 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mew (Post 129278)
Hope you feel better soon, Cassini!

Thank you, Mew. :frankiesmile: Feeling better but it'll be a few more days before I'm back to my old self. In the meantime, drinking plenty of fluids gets me through the day pretty well. That, plus an occasional shot of NyQuil :cheesegrin:

Mew 05-25-2024 10:08 AM

Dropshippers! Especially the ones that steal pics/listings from Japanese auction/shopping sites and then put them on eBay for triple the price. There's a listing up for one of my fandoms right now, the original seller is selling it for dirt cheap (probably about £5, maybe a bit more with shipping), and an eBay dropshipper has copied their listing and is trying to flip it for almost £50 :/ Not sure how much that is in USD, but you get the idea. It just infuriates me, scammers taking advantage of buyers who don't know/realize they're being significantly overcharged... I despise scammers. People that try and overcharge for their own items, sure, okay - it's your item, you name the price, if it's too much then you probably won't sell it anyway. Dropshippers that try this scam with generic items that you can buy elsewhere are annoying, I don't like them, but at least with those you've got more options to buy the item than just them. if that makes sense.

But these dropshippers that steal listings from Japanese auction sites... they really annoy me since they're deliberately building a "business model" on tricking people, targeting buyers that probably don't know about proxy sites to help you buy directly from Japan and whatnot. It's slimy, I hate it. And eBay won't do anything about it, of course :/ You report it and they go "nothing wrong here :cheesegrin:" and sigh. :wiltyeahright:

Sparky 05-25-2024 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mew (Post 129280)
Dropshippers! Especially the ones that steal pics/listings from Japanese auction/shopping sites and then put them on eBay for triple the price. There's a listing up for one of my fandoms right now, the original seller is selling it for dirt cheap (probably about £5, maybe a bit more with shipping), and an eBay dropshipper has copied their listing and is trying to flip it for almost £50 :/ Not sure how much that is in USD, but you get the idea. It just infuriates me, scammers taking advantage of buyers who don't know/realize they're being significantly overcharged... I despise scammers. People that try and overcharge for their own items, sure, okay - it's your item, you name the price, if it's too much then you probably won't sell it anyway. Dropshippers that try this scam with generic items that you can buy elsewhere are annoying, I don't like them, but at least with those you've got more options to buy the item than just them. if that makes sense.

But these dropshippers that steal listings from Japanese auction sites... they really annoy me since they're deliberately building a "business model" on tricking people, targeting buyers that probably don't know about proxy sites to help you buy directly from Japan and whatnot. It's slimy, I hate it. And eBay won't do anything about it, of course :/ You report it and they go "nothing wrong here :cheesegrin:" and sigh. :wiltyeahright:

Dropshippers don't always charge more. I sell on Etsy, and dropshippers steal our photos and undercut our prices, and then send cheaper versions of stuff to the buyers. But it steals business from the real creators.

Mew 05-26-2024 06:19 AM

Oh man, that sucks! D: Gah. I just hate this kind of trick :/ Sorry that's happened to you.