Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community

Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/index.php)
-   Way Off Topic (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   the advice thread (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2744)

Pawbah 12-02-2007 01:28 AM

I have a question. Can you ask for advice on a certain subject here? Or is it only just a random advice advice thread.

My advice: Don't cook bacon shirtless.

some guy you dont know 12-02-2007 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawbah (Post 65883)
I have a question. Can you ask for advice on a certain subject here? Or is it only just a random advice advice thread.

yeah, the point is to give advice so others can use it, so asking for it is a good idea.

Partymember 12-02-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawbah (Post 65883)

why, you need advice on something?

fire away dude

Sparky 12-02-2007 03:04 PM

Remember that there ARE certain topics that could get this thread locked though. This is not the place to look for help if you're depressed/suicidal, in an abusive situation/relationship, if you're going to be down on yourself etc. Also no religious topics are allowed, and that extends into the realm of the supernatural. I've already been keeping a close eye on this topic; when I thought it was just a place to randomly spout advice with no questions being asked I felt it was okay. But if y'all are going to go Dear Abby on me, please watch it.

Pawbah 12-02-2007 10:12 PM

It wasn't anything like that. Don't worry I've decided not to ask. It was something dumb, just forget about it.

Cassini90125 12-03-2007 12:52 AM

Here's a question... Does anyone know if there's a program available that can convert a large number of image files from one type to another all at once? To be more specific, I have a lot of old screencaps that were saved in TIF format that I'd like to convert to JPEG files. I can do the conversion with Paint but it can only do one file at a time, and we're talking about several hundred files at least. I would love to automate the process; doing every file manually, one at a time, would be tedious at best, and in the case of the oldest ones I have to convert them to bitmaps first, then open the bitmap file and save it as a JPEG. Anybody have a solution?

Partymember 12-03-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawbah (Post 65953)
It wasn't anything like that. Don't worry I've decided not to ask. It was something dumb, just forget about it.

i know what you were going to ask....

As much as i love US made anything, Toyota is a good company. I really like their trucks. Stay away from Kia, though, its some Korean outfit and i think they're all ChiComs. Crappy cars.

your welcome

Sparky 12-03-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassini90125 (Post 65959)
Here's a question... Does anyone know if there's a program available that can convert a large number of image files from one type to another all at once? To be more specific, I have a lot of old screencaps that were saved in TIF format that I'd like to convert to JPEG files. I can do the conversion with Paint but it can only do one file at a time, and we're talking about several hundred files at least. I would love to automate the process; doing every file manually, one at a time, would be tedious at best, and in the case of the oldest ones I have to convert them to bitmaps first, then open the bitmap file and save it as a JPEG. Anybody have a solution?

YES.

UniDream PowerBatch

That's what I use to convert my screencaps from their original bmp format to jpg. It will do as many files at once as you'd like. You can even specify a new size for the new image (that's how I make my thumbnail images). You can also use it to compress the files to make the filesize small, and if you don't compress by much (I do 75%) you save a lot of space (and in my case, bandwidth) and the pics looks exactly the same. That program saved this site. And its free.

Pawbah 12-03-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partymember (Post 65968)
i know what you were going to ask....

As much as i love US made anything, Toyota is a good company. I really like their trucks. Stay away from Kia, though, its some Korean outfit and i think they're all ChiComs. Crappy cars.

your welcome

-Gasp- how did you know? Thanks.

Partymember 12-04-2007 03:21 PM

you are welcome sir