PDA

View Full Version : What's on your Christmas list?

Ricky Fieldmouse
12-06-2006, 11:48 AM
The top priority item on my list is the Wii, with a copy of RaymanRR. I also want the Foster's GBA game, an onyx DS lite... you get the idea.

Sparky
12-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Actually nothing. This laptop was a combo birthday/Christmas present from my brother, and the only other person who will be getting me anything is my dad, and I don't intend to ask him for anything. He'll either get me something random or give me money again. So.

Jabberwocky
12-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Jukebox.

We used to have a huge one with dancing people on the front, until my grandpa traded it to my drunken uncle for an ugly truck that we got rid of anyway, and he left it somewhere in New York. The turntable is broken.

Quick, everyone cry a single crystalline tear.

I also want a bunch of awesome stuff.

One Radical Dude
12-06-2006, 01:16 PM
All I really want is to move away from my home state and into CA, and to get the new job. :P Otherwise, just some money. Everything else I want is way too expensive.

pitbulllady
12-06-2006, 01:25 PM
My father just usually gives me money for Christmas, which mostly goes to pay bills for the presents I buy other people. There are a lot of things I want badly, but cannot afford, or cannot expect anyone to get for me, like a Raynox 2020 Teleconversion lens for my digital camera and an adult female Brachypelma ruhnaui tarantula(well, there are several species of tarantula and scorpion that I want). I also very, very badly want a restored Hudson, either a 1937 Terraplane or a '51 Hornet. I really don't believe Santa's gonna come through with either of those, though.

pitbulllady

Partymember
12-06-2006, 01:35 PM
i want a Winchester in .218 bee.........but that ain't gonna happen (they discontinued that cartridge in the 1920's) so i'll settle for a few CD's.

Invader Bloo
12-06-2006, 01:40 PM
SW figures
SW books
SW Games
Da Ali G complete series DVD

InsaneFan
12-06-2006, 02:38 PM
I want that white Foster's T from Hot Topic, Avatar: book one DVDs, monies to buy comic books(so my friends and family don't have to show their faces in Buymetoys =P), iTunes gift cards...

And I want my parents to finally buy me that Macbook that they've promised me for the last few months...xD *happy dance*

LaBlooGirl
12-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Better health. I pray for that every birthday and Christmas.

As for material things, well I'm hoping to get a Dux bed. Seriously. My old mattress sucks.

I know my parents are going to get me a table and chairs for my apartment. You don't know how long I've gone without a table and chairs for my kitchen! LOL

Probably everyone else is gonna give me gift cards and money, and like PBL, most of any money I get will go towards bills because I myself can barely afford presents this year. I got everyone small stuff but at least it's better than nothing.

Hope everyone else gets what they want! It's part of what makes Christmas fun. :)

Voxxyn
12-06-2006, 06:38 PM
It'll most likely be cash.

SkittleMonkey
12-06-2006, 06:55 PM
People accuse me of wanting really cheap things, but I'm posting to prove them wrong! Watch in wonder as I create a wishlist worthy to that of my older brother!!!...Also try not to laugh...

Pokemon Crystal (GBC)
Pokemon Silver (GBC)
Pokemon Blue (GB)
Pokemon Fire Red (GBA)
WOW HITS 2007 (CD)
Blank CDs
Howl's Moving Castle (DVD)
Beauty Pop (Manga)
Fruits Basket Volume 15 (Manga)
Hersheys Chocolate Kisses (with caramel)
Toe Socks/Knee-High Socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...*gasp, pant, weeze* Beat...that... *faint*

CG
12-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Pirates of the Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest (parents have got it, I bought it)
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Animation Collection (ordered from Amazon.com)
New Speakers for my PC (Aunt has bought them)
Passport (in process)
Tickets to ComicCon next year
Eduardo Plush (in the mail)

So far, all but one of my things are for sure. :D

scary_dream
12-06-2006, 10:18 PM
I want the Gregory Horror Show Vol 3: The Nightmare Train REALLY bad!

My mom gave me $$$ to go out and buy presents with since she has a hard time picking out stuff I really like. I got a reallllllly pretty Living Dead Doll (Frozen Charlotte!), and some (much needed) clothes. I have a problem about going to buy clothes for myself - I just don't do it. Almost all of my jeans have tons of holes! I got a new pair though.

I also got an Inuyasha pillowcase to match my blanket (AH I know - dorky!) and I think my boyfriend is getting me the Animaniacs Vol 2.

The only bad thing, though, is that I bought all of this cool stuff and I can't have it until Christmas!

Howard
12-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Just to be with family - that is all that matters to me.:frankiesmile:

"C" the Dragon
12-07-2006, 04:29 PM
So much I don't know where to start! One of them is the "Anistasia" soundtrack, and I'll tell you why when I get it.;)

Oh, and "Yostuba&" volume 4 (Manga) AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR THAT!!!! >.<

Partymember
12-08-2006, 06:38 AM
that was a good soundtrack, i hope to get a bunch of Uriah Heep and i think i asked for some Grateful Dead albums. Can't remember.

Mr. Marshmallow
12-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Most of my stuff is seasonal DVD sets, I've been trying to get back all my fav. shows on DVD. Here's my basic list rundown:

Buffy the vampire Slayer seasons 4 and 5
Aqua Teen Hunger Force season 2
Animaniacs Volume 2
Justice League Unlimited: season 1
Batman Beyond Season 2
Gift card to either Pizza hut or Marcus Theaters
Dragon Ball Z game for the Nintendo Wii

hottoepicker
12-10-2006, 01:57 PM
i would like peace for everyone that i know right now are going through hard times. i wish for happiness and love and the strength to get through this tough time of year. hugs to all...

Partymember
12-10-2006, 02:12 PM
for some reason i'm very depressed right now. Wierd.

started a few weeks ago...i don't get it.

hottoepicker
12-10-2006, 03:51 PM
i hear you...i will think it a miracle if i just make it throught the rest of this year...

Partymember
12-10-2006, 04:13 PM
as bad as it is, its never THAT bad, friend. Hang in there, it'll get better.

i've been on the edge before. Trust me.

hottoepicker
12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
i don't know...it seems really bad for everyone i see...nothing good so far. it's weird to be in a room full of people and to feel totally alone...

it's not like i would do anything drastic...not my style...too strong, but i wonder if the light at the end of the tunnel is a train

Partymember
12-11-2006, 12:24 PM
check your PM inbox.

hottoepicker
12-11-2006, 04:56 PM
check your PM inbox.

ok...your turn...check your inbox...:bloogrin

Partymember
12-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Good! (does a happy dance)

kaytea
12-12-2006, 07:18 PM
I really want to get a nintendo Wii but thats not going to happen

but im not really sure about what I want for xmas I might just ask for money and buy a few things at the mall

Sparky
12-13-2006, 12:45 PM
I just finished my Christmas shopping! ;D I have to sew something for someone but I don't have to buy anything else, yay.

Now to make cookies...

some guy you dont know
12-13-2006, 01:27 PM
ok my list as of right now is almost all if not all, video games for the Ps2

digimon world 4
guitar hero 2
sonic riders
& a new ps2, since my old one is dead.

but besides that, i also have stuff from hot topic, other digimon stuff, yeah, you get the idea.

heartless95
12-14-2006, 10:19 AM
I want Gutair Hero 1&2 and that awesome dancing Mumble. (Jump and move and jump and move and jump and move and stop follow me!)

Carlaz
12-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Christmas is soon here & thought I'd bump this thread up.

I don't have a Christmas wish list but would love a new book or some new DVDs.

What's on you wish list? :D

Mayor Adam West
12-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Eh, nothing for me really, nothing I really want actually.....

some guy you dont know
12-15-2007, 04:35 PM
guitar hero 3, or rock band. either is fine :)

money.

Chuck Taylor All-Stars, preferably black :D

that death note game for the DS (if my DS will play it that is.)

pheonix wright games, because i still dont have those

some other stuff, i never have a full list. :P

Lynnie
12-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I have a Wish List saved to my "Draft" folder in my email account. I update it every year, and send it out again to my family and closest friends who have a history in getting me stuff. Better than having to remember what you wanted last year and didn't get and writing it all down again. Works great! :bloogrin:

This year my list consists of a hand-vac, a tool box (I have the the tools, just nothing to keep them in) and a stove top kettle. And clothes are always on it. And this year I openly stated "Anything Foster's related". ;)

Partymember
12-15-2007, 09:13 PM
this will be the most dark and brutal Yuletide ever, as i asked for mainly Viking Metal albums.

I'm also getting a shirt with Conan on it that says "Fear My Mighty Sword!" and "The Monkeywrench Gang" by Edward Abbey, an environmentalist anarchist.

And i'm probably going to buy myself a gun like i did last year, just because nobody else will :P

Medikor
12-16-2007, 07:24 PM
I don't really ask for anything. This year I'm just gonna have to wait and see what I get. But I'm really easy to buy for so I'm sure I'll be pleased anyway.

jekylljuice
12-17-2007, 02:00 AM
A Ratatouille cookie jar (they're selling them at the Disney store - they're fabulous, and I sincerly doubt that I'd ever find another cookie jar in the shape of a rat again) and the Frasier Season 7 DVD box-set.

I don't have a great deal else as specific as that, though I do anticipate getting a few more Ratatouille-themed goodies, given that I've been spreading my immense fondness for that movie high and low these past few months.

Bloonan
12-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Well, well. It's actually quite large;

Guitar Hero 3 (Wii version) (EDIT; my dad peeked over, said the thing sold out quickly. May not get this one.)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
Mario Party DS
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
A Wii remote or two
A Wii points card (When all else fails :p )
A Wii classic controller
Spider Man 3 DVD
The Simpsons Movie DVD

And that's about it. :bloogrin: Strange, because the list I first gave my parents only had about 4 tems. :bloocross:

pitbulllady
12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
I really want a running, drivable Studebaker pickup truck, either a late-40's-to-early-50's 2R10 or a '55--57 Transtar(like this one offered now on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-Studebaker-E7-Short-Box-Pick-Up-Fully-Restored_W0QQitemZ300182045409QQcmdZViewItem?hash= item300182045409), or a short-bed Champ from the early '60's(I don't like the pickups with the long, straight-side beds). I really don't think I'll be getting one, though, unfortunately. There are a few tarantulas I'd love to get, too, but they're hard-to-find species and pretty darn expensive(though not as expensive as a running Studebaker truck), and for some reason, I'm wanting another boa, having sold my last one over two years ago. It's just hard to live without a boa or two, and my Water Python just isn't quite the same. My dad usually gives us money for Christmas, so if I have enough left after paying bills(that sucks, having to use all your Christmas loot just to pay bills, but my property taxes come due right after Christmas), I might have to pay Roark's Reptile Safari in Charleston a visit and see what he's got available.

pitbulllady

bloonuggets
12-17-2007, 09:12 PM
My two front teeth. :lol:

BluebottleFlyer
12-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Just a plain white t-shirt. Seriously, that's all I'm after.

Shelltoon
12-18-2007, 02:18 PM
A computer that's capable of running Crysis with maxed out settings at an insanely high resolution! XD

Actually, a new computer that's better than this heap of junk I'm using right now.

Diamond Duchess
12-18-2007, 04:50 PM
This may be silly, but exactly what is everyone expecting from me anyway?

1. I would like one of those new, special VeggieTales DVDs that has two classic episodes on it. I saw them while at Sam's Club this week, and they looked nice.

2. Some fabulous, new clothes and maybe some shoes would be good.

3. Some fancy chocolates.

4. And, I badly want a video made using High School Musical footage synced to the music used in those Benny Hill chases.

I was watching a video of two characters from the show, Chowder. Truffles was chasing Schnitzel in fast forward while Benny Hill music played, which reminded me of a part in Cassini the Movie where some of the HSM cast were chasing each other in this fashion. I'd really like this to happen; it'd be hilarious!

Anyway, those are some things that'd be nice to see for Christmas presents.

Medikor
12-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, I just finished wrapping what's on someone else's Christmas list: Pirates of the Caribbean 3.:D

Invader Bloo
12-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Premium Xbox 360 (My mom took me to get this because she didn't know which one to get. I have to wait until Christmas to open it)
Halo 3

That's about all I want, I know I got other sstuff though from my relatives. I might go to Wal*Mart & Gamestop tomorrow to get the Simpsons Movie & a game or two.

GrimTheLost
12-20-2007, 07:28 AM
I am pretty sure I am getting a 32 inch Westinghouse HDTV for X-mas. And for my PS3 not to be buggered up.

Invader Bloo
12-20-2007, 05:10 PM
You'll love HD. I have Comcast which dosen't have many HD channels....Yet. It says some things are in HD with no channel. ???

Cassini90125
12-20-2007, 05:26 PM
There's a new manager trainee at our local Walgreens, a lady by the name of Samantha, who got stuck with working on Christmas Day. The new people always get stuck with that. I don't think she's too happy about it. What I'd like for Christmas is the nerve to give her a bouquet of flowers on that day, just to see her smile. :frankiesmile:

Sparky
12-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Speaking of getting a holiday-type day off...Back in 1999, nobody really wanted to work on December 31 because of the possibility of rioting (I worked at a theme park in Southern California). I didn't ask for the day off but I happened to get it, which was cool. So a fellow coworker who was frantically trying to trade shifts with someone so she could have the day off asked me what my plans were for the night. I said I planned to stay home because I didn't particularly want to attempt to go anywhere. Know what she did? She went to management and tried to get them to force me to switch shifts with her, because I didn't have plans and she did therefore she should get the day off and I didn't deserve it. -_- She also made a point of going around and telling everyone that I was "wasting" a day off instead of being "nice" and switching with her. No, I didn't end up having to work. Why? This lady had such a reputation for being sh***y that when someone did something particularly annoying there it was known as "pulling a Janine." :jk:

Partymember
12-20-2007, 05:44 PM
yikes.

which riots where these?

Sparky
12-20-2007, 05:54 PM
I...dunno if they had a name, it's just that a lot of people were very frightened by the whole Y2K thing.

I'm sorry this is OT. I actually thought I was in the what ticks you off thread, lol.

Partymember
12-20-2007, 06:37 PM
oh, Y2que? LOL

i want a Red Rider BB gun with a compass on the stock and a thing that tells time 8D

taranchula
12-20-2007, 06:42 PM
oh, Y2que? LOL

i want a Red Rider BB gun with a compass on the stock and a thing that tells time 8D

A Red Ryder? You'll shoot your eye out kid.

What? Someone was bound to say it sooner or later. 8D

Partymember
12-20-2007, 07:22 PM
LMAO

watch your six, Black Bart :edmad:

some guy you dont know
12-21-2007, 09:26 AM
im going to get simple this year.

all i want, is Guitar hero 3, and a subscription to gametap.

oh yeah and snow.

koosie
12-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Well I got what I've wanted for ages for birthday/christmas. This rather fantastic hat :

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/Lagoopine/?action=view&current=goodhat.jpg

It's a total fraud of course, a creation of acrylic and polyester but I don't care. It's my new no.1 hat. I have many hats but this one really suits the current freezing weather.

Cassini90125
12-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I love it! I want one, too! ;D

Howard
12-23-2007, 06:13 PM
My Christmas wish is to be with my family, and to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!:frankiesmile:

Partymember
12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
My Christmas wish is to be with my family, and to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!:frankiesmile:

you too, Duck.

Koos...i love that hat, man. I've got a Czekoslovakian MilSurp one similar to that but not nearly as...big 8D

gotta find the old commie ones, kind of like Smurf hats. Wore them back in the 20's a lot, even up through the Winter War with Finland.

Howard
12-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Well I got what I've wanted for ages for birthday/christmas. This rather fantastic hat :

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/Lagoopine/?action=view&current=goodhat.jpg

It's a total fraud of course, a creation of acrylic and polyester but I don't care. It's my new no.1 hat. I have many hats but this one really suits the current freezing weather.

The funny part is - I do have areal one (it is in one of my boxes in storage somewhere). I got it from a Russian sailor on the 1986 Med deployment. I collected sailor and military hats on that deployment. A Mod Kashin destroyer (our code for a particular Russian model destroyer at the time), pulled into what was then (Ree-yay-ka), Yugoslavia (I do not know the spelling but the pronounciation). They were on the pier farthest from us, and they stayed for only two days. I snuck a carton of Marlboros and a Zippo lighter to one of the sailors and he hooked me up with one of those ermine hats (with the red star). In those days it was illegal to meet with one another, but that is not how we felt.:D

One Radical Dude
12-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I honestly don't care for the most part, because the one thing I really want...I likely won't get it, but whatever. :P

Bloonan
12-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Well, I got one of the things on my list. My dad just got The Simpsons Movie on DVD from his workmate. I have to get that thing in my PC soon, it's making for some good avatars. One down, let's see just how many items will not be with me by tomorrow night...

koosie
12-24-2007, 02:12 PM
The funny part is - I do have areal one (it is in one of my boxes in storage somewhere). I got it from a Russian sailor on the 1986 Med deployment. I collected sailor and military hats on that deployment. A Mod Kashin destroyer (our code for a particular Russian model destroyer at the time), pulled into what was then (Ree-yay-ka), Yugoslavia (I do not know the spelling but the pronounciation). They were on the pier farthest from us, and they stayed for only two days. I snuck a carton of Marlboros and a Zippo lighter to one of the sailors and he hooked me up with one of those ermine hats (with the red star). In those days it was illegal to meet with one another, but that is not how we felt.:D

That is a beautiful story duckman! Wow, what do you want for your one? What have I got that you'd like? Hmmm a few original 70s guitar rock albums but none of them as good as a hat like that.

I'd like it to stop raining at some point.

Cassini90125
12-25-2007, 10:13 AM
There's a new manager trainee at our local Walgreens, a lady by the name of Samantha, who got stuck with working on Christmas Day. The new people always get stuck with that. I don't think she's too happy about it. What I'd like for Christmas is the nerve to give her a bouquet of flowers on that day, just to see her smile. :frankiesmile:

Mission accomplished. :frankiesmile:

Partymember
12-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Mission accomplished. :frankiesmile:

thumbs up, bro

she have a pretty smile?

One Radical Dude
12-25-2007, 11:51 AM
This year's Christmas was more low-key, compared to last year. I received some pants and a total of $100 spending money. I think I'm expecting at least one more thing, but it'll be after today. Not too bad, really.

Medikor
12-25-2007, 03:41 PM
I got a nice pair of slippers that my feet have been begging for and I also got a book that I completely forgot about hinting at. It's a visual guide to fighting men throughout history by the title "Warrior".
It's part of a set that I now have two of (the other one I have is called "Weapon"). Here's hoping that "Battle" finds its way under the tree next year.;)

Cassini90125
12-25-2007, 03:44 PM
thumbs up, bro

she have a pretty smile?

She has a very sweet smile, yes. :frankiesmile:

Partymember
12-25-2007, 04:02 PM
I got a nice pair of slippers that my feet have been begging for and I also got a book that I completely forgot about hinting at. It's a visual guide to fighting men throughout history by the title "Warrior".
It's part of a set that I now have two of (the other one I have is called "Weapon"). Here's hoping that "Battle" finds its way under the tree next year.;)

sounds manly!

Bloonan
12-26-2007, 10:19 AM
I got... a lot. The stuff I didn't already mention in the Spam board are as follows:

An HD camcorder,
a 1 GB SD card for the camera,
a Sony Walkman,
$80 GameStop cash,
a wireless Wii sensor bar,
a camera tripod
a camera carrying case (tounge twister!),
and a Powersaves thing for the Wii (SD card loaded with files at the end/complete).

Sparky
12-26-2007, 04:53 PM
I got a hat, a collectible coin, wireless headphones, an emergency sewing/repair kit thingy, a couple of HT gift cards, an R4 card for my NDS, and GM's old TiVo. :D And Dad brought me some fruit and nuts from his trees.

Partymember
12-26-2007, 05:08 PM
well, i didn't get another rifle, but with all the cash i've accumulated (plus im working 3-4 days this weekend!) i can afford to buy one myself :bloogrin:

Subzeroace
12-26-2007, 07:00 PM
What I got;

- Invader ZIM shirt (it says Invader ZIM in big box letters with lots of doogie suit GIR and one robot GIR, it's black but has fake longer sleves that are white with green stripes)
- Foster's shirt with Bloo and Cheese on it (the black and grey zig zag line one)
- A NMBC throw (it's reeeeeealy soft!)
- Two pairs of pjs
- A keyboard
- A mouse (It's getting returned the left button doesn't work right)
- Transformers
- Spiderman 3
- 2 $10 neocash cards
- $20 at Tim Hortens
- Some junk food
- $20
- A pad of NMBC paper (with Jacks head on it)
- and a $10 pack of lottery scratch cards that I didn't win anything on (mom and dad got some too and they didn't win ether ><)

Invader Bloo
12-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Would've been awesome if you or your family won.

Lynnie
12-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Of the most interesting things I got- a new cell phone, the LOTR Trilogy set (I clapped my hands and cheered when I opened it, lol!), the Bloo/Cheese blanket (I still hope on getting the blanket with Mac later, though), the "Yeah, Hi, Whatever" tee, a hand vac, a tool box, and some clothes. I'd say over all, it was a very satisfying Christmas. Yay! :bloosmirk:

jekylljuice
12-27-2007, 09:13 AM
All hail the immeasurable glory of the Ratatouille cookie jar:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/574/remycookieoa9.jpg

As I anticipated this was very much a culinary-minded rodent-themed Christmas, complete with a Ratatouille mug, calender and a couple of books (in addition to which I managed to grab an electronic Remy for a very cheap price in the sales this morning). I got the His Dark Materials trilogy from my brother (so I won't have to steal his copies to read them after all), and my housemate gave me a Shaun the Sheep plushie that bleats when you squeeze his muzzle and convulses when you tug on his tail.

Still waiting for the Frasier DVD to arrive. It appears to still be held up in a postal centre somewhere with the rest of the Xmas backlog, though technically my mind is supposed to be occupied enough right now with the writing of my next essay, so I guess I can't really complain.