PDA

View Full Version : birth order

some guy you dont know
12-04-2006, 05:53 PM
so, i realize this is mostly a waste of time, but i found some info on wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_order , and i felt like sharing it with you. its mostly about the order of being born, and i find it highly informative. for example, i see the middleborn section, which i am a middle child, and i can highly see how much that is the same to me. anyone else here fit under any of the order, and do you relate to what it says?

Jabberwocky
12-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Huh. Yeah. That's interesting. I'm a firstborn. I never really grew up, but I do tend to be bossy and strict, especially when I have to babysit my little brothers and the gang of twelve-year-olds that seem to think they live here.

The only ones that don't fit are the organizedness and the seriousness. I'm not serious at all, and my room is literally a pile of junk. I just sort of crawl into the mess of blankets and clothes to sleep at night; the bed is just a mattress on the floor. Bloody boys broke the box spring jumping on it. Hey! Alliteration!

BlooCheese
12-04-2006, 07:36 PM
It said that the youngest child is usually the "party animal, outgoing charmers, personable manipulators, the entertainer who is unafraid to test his or her luck." Later, it says there are exceptions. I am an exception. Outgoing charmer? Personable manipulator? I think not. Well, only around people I know very well and trust a lot. But "outgoing charmer" and "personable manipulator" would describe my middle sister quite well, however. The statements about the first-born child seem true. We have a huge sibling rivarly thing in my family. My oldest sister was the pride and glory of my parents, so both my middle sister and I feel inclined to do as well as or better than she did. And it's sad because my oldest sister...well, she hopes we won't do as well so that she might be still be considered the greatest of the three of us. And my middle sister forces herself to do well because she wants to live up to my sister's name. And I HAVE to do equally well; otherwise, I'll get burnt off the family tree or something.

scary_dream
12-05-2006, 12:08 AM
While I'm sure this is true in a lot of cases, it's REALLY not true in my family. I'm the youngest, and my older sister is more of a party animal than me. I don't think I was really spoiled, but my parents were more lax with me on rules not because I was younger, but because they knew they could trust me.

Lol and I hope I'm not manipulative...

GrimTheLost
12-05-2006, 07:14 AM
That's pretty cool, since I am the youngest in my family, I am kind of the party animal and entertainer( I never thought of it having to do with birth order). When it mentioned the spacing of age that the next child may have first born tendencies, I have had one or two of them.

Howard
12-05-2006, 08:46 AM
I am the oldest and I rule on high! I am also the executor for my father's estate (when he passes):frankiesmile:

Partymember
12-05-2006, 11:59 AM
as Firstborn, i am not at all serious or goal-driven. I'm the hippy Grateful Dead laid back one. No ambition. I want to write and move to BC. My younger sister is the anxious work-freak...and partier (frowns). Its probably usually spot-on though, i can see it with other friends. She does idolize me a bit, though. More like 'looks up to me' i guess.

BTW: i did take a personality test a while back, said i was a "commandant" heh. OBEY ME!!!

LaBlooGirl
12-05-2006, 06:31 PM
I think it's quite accurate. It described my oldest brother Jordan well, and my mid-kid brother Jason even better. lol
I myself sort of fit the bill as the youngest, but I don't have "many friends", just a few, and I'm not really an attention-getter. I am, however, very independent and creative.

SkittleMonkey
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Huh, lesee...

Characteristics of the youngest child: Mediator, fewest pictures in the family
photo album (yep.), avoids conflict(uh-huh.), independent(sometimes.), extreme loyalty to the peer group(always.), many friends(NOPE!). They are also often viewed as affectionate and sometimes a little absentminded(yes aaand yes.). My older brother(the middle child) fits the first description of the youngest better than the middle, and my oldest brother doesn't fit the description of first born at all!! First born describes me down to a tee, though. That's because my older brothers put no effort into their schooling. I just happened to try a little harder than them.

One Radical Dude
12-06-2006, 01:33 PM
I am the middle man. :P Eeh, not so sure I agree about the middle born being the least religious in this case.

LaBlooGirl
12-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Huh, lesee...

Characteristics of the youngest child: Mediator, fewest pictures in the family
photo album (yep.), avoids conflict(uh-huh.), independent(sometimes.), extreme loyalty to the peer group(always.), many friends(NOPE!). They are also often viewed as affectionate and sometimes a little absentminded(yes aaand yes.). My older brother(the middle child) fits the first description of the youngest better than the middle, and my oldest brother doesn't fit the description of first born at all!! First born describes me down to a tee, though. That's because my older brothers put no effort into their schooling. I just happened to try a little harder than them.

Wow that part about school sounded JUST like me, Skittle! I have to try hard at school while my brothers breezed through like it was nothing. I'm tired ofpeople telling me I'm just "lazy" when they don't understand I'm maybe not as super-smart as everyone else. :jk:

SkittleMonkey
12-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, that's kind of like what I said; my brothers "breezed" through school, but they both went *entertaining plane crash noises*. I'm trying real hard, and I'm actually in two of the same classes as my older brother, who is two years older than me and still writes like he's ten.8D

Yep, it seems that I'm the only one that's going to college. That's where I feel the pressure; I feel like I never have any time for fun because of all this work that gets piled on me. My mother even said that both of my brothers failed and that I was the "only hope of this family".:jk:

Nyo
12-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Yay yay yay, I'm the youngest in my family.

kaytea
12-15-2006, 02:50 PM
im the youngest but my personality is more Middle child =/