PDA

View Full Version : kl;asfdjklasfd!! (trans. 'Too many errors!')

CCMars
12-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Does this game run on the same server as the regular Cartoon Network site, and possibly its other games? I don't know if the constant use of Flash is taking up space or what, but the massive amount of errors on both sites is getting rediculous. I can't access Cracking Up without having it freeze on me and forcing me to log out. I have tried it four times already. In fact, I can barely go ONE DAY without having BFAHP freeze up at one point (especially during mini-games), and I'm on a new-model computer with Broadband. I can log out just fine, it's the flash that keeps getting all screwy. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my player, but to no avail.

To CN's credit I will say a high amount of traffic may contribute to this as well, but still...

I think I'm going to write to them about the issue. Does anyone have anything to add before I do? There's strength in numbers, as they say. :)

ellestea
12-04-2006, 12:41 PM
i cant go into the basement today w/ out it saying there is an error and stops working... and i have to go down there for an adventure...

edit... it is working now...

Sparky
12-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah I can't even get into the game at all because of a Shockwave error. I'll slap it around and see what happens.

One Radical Dude
12-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Okay, I can't get into the basement, either. It's definitely something that effects a lot of people.

podpazie
12-05-2006, 12:39 PM
I get shockwave errors all the time and it says its the page not the player.

Sparky
12-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Well apparently at least some people can get INTO the game, even if they have problems afterwords. I can't even get IN. I'm going to try a different browser and see if there's a difference.

montitech
12-05-2006, 01:08 PM
I was crashing every time I entered the Game room,

so I updated flash and now cannot even get into the game.
did some other techy things like uninstall,reinstall, both Flash and Shockwave with no success.....
I feel like we are back in early august or late july with the game disconnects I was hoping they solved it since the game seemed reliable over the last few months but I guess they reused some of their earlier code that we all know was bugggggggggy (lots of g's for beyond very)

and I was eager to see the new minigames. :'(

Monty :-/

Sparky
12-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Okay, Firefox is my regular browser and like I said, I couldn't even get into the game. I tried it on IE and I got no errors (but note I did not attempt any minigames). So it may or may not have anything to do with the browser. I dunno.

Thornwhistle
12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Are the people who created the shockwave program aware of the glitches and problems it's been having?

CCMars
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
I just logged in again and this time everything worked (even the Cracking Up game which I shockingly went further than 500 points on 8D ). This was on my default browser, Firefox.

Thornwhistle
12-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Maybe shockwave doesn't work well with internet explorer,or at least with mine. *sigh*

Frankie Fan
12-05-2006, 03:55 PM
I was crashing every time I entered the Game room,

so I updated flash and now cannot even get into the game.
did some other techy things like uninstall,reinstall, both Flash and Shockwave with no success.....
I feel like we are back in early august or late july with the game disconnects I was hoping they solved it since the game seemed reliable over the last few months but I guess they reused some of their earlier code that we all know was bugggggggggy (lots of g's for beyond very)

and I was eager to see the new minigames. :'(

That happened to me too. My Flash is updated as far as it'll go and it still doesn't work. And the game probably won't be updated till next month, so it'll take that long before I can even get into the game room, let alone play any games! :(

montitech
12-05-2006, 07:56 PM
UUUUUHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Ok, I have 4 accounts, two accounts finally worked.

I was able to unlock the minigames and play them quickly.
Then I was able to adventure, do chours and a favor.

but my last 2 accounts, I was able to unlock the minigames but then I start the adventure get the Metal from the basement and it disapears but does not go into my invintory....

So I searched the basement again, tried to restart the adventure, no luck...
Same bug.

Also on the favor for my last friend, I asked wilt. He said go get cake from madam foster. I talked to madam foster and BOOM the game errored. I logged back in and cannot talk to Madam Foster, nor wilt.

So frustrating........I wish the developers where more informative, about the issues happening at BFAHP.

I noticed that most of the above type bugs are occuring when there are mismatched items on the screen, for example I had brown rugs instead of the christmas rugs, Wierd, but after the Day rollover it seems like it is working again.

O'malley
12-05-2006, 11:46 PM
i couldn't log in with any of my accounts, shockwave somthin administrator, somthin. Any suggestions ???

CCMars
12-06-2006, 12:53 AM
It seems to be a problem a lot of people are having right now, so it sounds like it's coming from the CN administrators themselves. I logged in just fine this morning. We'll see if I get lucky again tomorrow. ;)

Prince-Vegeta
12-06-2006, 07:06 AM
I logged in fine this morning and everything was going great. No two Wilts, basement worked, everything was in place. Then When I was duing a favor for Wilt it logged me out and once I logged back in all heck broke loose. There were two Wilts, and I couldn't talk to any of them. I couldn't talk to any of the friends That's a new error. So i logged out and then in again and everything was fine, except for madame Foster's statue, it was back to thanksgiving clothes not the Santa clothes she is suppose to wear.

Sparky
12-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I saw an ad for the December updates on CN a little while ago and I just laughed at it. ;) They should fix it before they advertise it.

taranchula
12-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I too am having the same shockwave problems, I can play for a little bit and then without warning I get the dreaded shut down message and poof, game over man. :'(

Carlaz
12-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Well apparently at least some people can get INTO the game, even if they have problems afterwords. I can't even get IN. I'm going to try a different browser and see if there's a difference.

I tried this & still couldn't get in. :(

Suomynona
12-09-2006, 08:33 AM
I use Safari and I've never had any errors like that. Well, once or twice a minigame hasn't loaded because it got stuck on the "loading high scores" phase. This wasn't a big problem because I just logged back in (I also had to redo the last thing I did). Also sometimes I can't type in my username and password, but closing and reopening Safari seems to fix that ^_^

Voxxyn
12-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Well, I suppose I'm a newcomer. I've only recently tried to join the game, as it seems pretty nice.

"Tried" is the important word because as of this writing, I have not been able to access the game AT ALL. And yes, I've downloaded all the necessary Shockwave/Flash applications. It doesn't help at all.

I always get stuck at the loading screen. Always. If I wait too long, it just logs me out and takes me back to the main page.

Reading all these other posts, this game seems to be one huge technical hassle. :/

Suomynona
12-09-2006, 11:22 AM
That's happened to me before at the library. Does your browser version fit with the specifications of the Shockwave player?

Prince-Vegeta
12-11-2006, 06:25 PM
They might have fixed the problems. It's been two days and i haven't had a problem with the game.

montitech
12-11-2006, 08:28 PM
The biggest technical problems are always imediatly after they release a new update.

Sparky
12-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Well I just logged in, went into Notey so I could use up some favors (my Friendship Bar was full so I needed to use at least one favor), and I couldn't click on anything. Then I couldn't even click on the "Back To House" thingie, so I logged out. I *was* able to click on the "Log Out" thing, I guess because it wasn't part of the "main" window. So that was my glitch adventure for the day. :P